About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Macro Magic at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens - January 2018

Ready for more color and fun at the beautiful botanical gardens in Mendocino California?  Then you're in the right place!  To check out the previous posts from this road trip, click on the links below:

1) Super Blood Blue Moon: Gorgeous shots of the moon!

2) Beaches of Fort Bragg:  Sun, Sea, and Birds

3)  Botanical Gardens: Flowers, Art, and Birds

As I mentioned in the previous post, although my objective at the gardens was to try out my extension tubes and practice my Macro Photography, once I switched lenses to see the woodpeckers, I kept it off for a bit and was extra glad when I came across a fantastic metal dragon sculpture!

For sake of transparency, I had fun coloring my dragons a little bit in Photoshop.  I love dragons and wanted to enhance the feel I got of this magical creature in a beautiful garden.


My magical dragons!  I love them.


Now, just so you know, Here is what the scales actually looked like and you can see that they are mostly bronze with green (possibly from oxidation?) being the next color and a little bit of a blue/purple tinge too.  But the purple on the dragon above is almost all my doing.


And now, back to our regularly scheduled macros. The next two photos are similar to a couple in the last post.  The first one is a different bud and the second one is a different edit.  :-)




Let me ask you a question.  How often do you look at the back of plants or flowers? 


They often have a unique beauty all their own.


Just something to think about the next time you're out wandering in a garden.  😉




Speaking of dragons, I get a distinct dragon feel from this next little bud!


Another great target for Macro Photography:  bugs! 


I love this next one.  I love fuzzy things and black and white. 











The water bokeh in the shot above will lead us into our next post which will be titled Food and Water. Something all of us need, right?  So be sure to check it out.  :-)

xoxo

Nikon D3300