About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Friday, May 29, 2015

So You Want to See Sacramento - Short Post

I took a few photos one day while I was out and about.  
And I really love how some of them turned out.  

These were all taken around the Tower Bridge area on the Sacramento side.  Not quite into Old Sac.  It's amazing what you see when you open your eyes to little details.

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
~~ Confucious

I don't think I've ever noticed this lovely weather vane atop the bridge or how shiny gold  it can be in certain light or how cool the different shapes and textures look. 



I know I never noticed how huge these screws are on the side of the concrete platform where a building stood many, many years ago.  For as long as I remember, it's just been a concrete slab at the very edge of Old Sac next to the Tower Bridge.  Nothing to see there.  Right?


Usually it's too busy with cars to stop and take a picture in the middle of Capital Avenue.  Instead of noticing how amazing the arches and beams on the inside of the bridge, I'm normally watching for people trying to run me over.  

I've walked this path a hundred times and never stopped to see how amazing the antique lanterns are or how cool it is to see the path curving away beside the river. 

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting."
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson




xoxo