About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Adrienne's Birthday - May 15th, 2013 - A's vs. Rangers Game/Union Square

Wow, really behind again.  I need to catch up!  Well, let's start with a few work notes.

1)  I got a promotion!!  Woot woot!  I interviewed a few weeks ago for a PT II position (one step up).  Same division, Unclaimed Property, but on the Claims Evaluation side. 

Just when I was starting to worry that I didn't get it, they not only offered me the position, but told me that I was their top candidate!  Yay!  I don't have a start date yet...hopefully in two weeks.  I'm really excited.

2) This weekend was the end of overtime for at least the month of July.  So Yay! for that too. Although I can always use the money, I need a break.  I've been working 9.5 - 10 hours almost ever weekday plus 8 on Saturdays.

However, I may be put on a special project which will require me to work every Saturday in July.  My new promotion may actually take me off this project, which I would have mixed reactions to.  So whatever happens is fine I suppose.

Now, on to Adrienne's Birthday!

I took the day off so we could go to the A's game.  Unfortunately, it was finals week for Adie so she was in serious study mode.  We got a late start from Sacramento, and consequently got to the game after it had started and the A's were already down several runs.  Boo!

We had good seats. Right behind this dude with the awesome beanie!  It was definitely not beanie weather though. #hot




Daric Barton was up from the River Cats, playing 1st base.
And Dan Straily was struggling.
Brandon Moss was in the outfield on the pretty grass.  So Pretty!
And the Texas guys were in a good mood.


 Cocoa wasn't doing the Lean, but he was definitely doing something!  LOL

 Raise the roof!
The day didn't get much better for the home team I'm sorry to say.  
Final score: Rangers 6 Athletics 2

Since it was a week day game and we wanted to go into San Francisco, we actually got out of there shortly before the game ended (which we almost NEVER do for any sporting event) and drove to Orinda where we left Adie's car and caught BART into the City.

My birthday present to Adrienne (besides the whole day) was some perfume that, of course, could only be purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue.


I am not generally Saks material, although I have been in there before.  But I am especially not Saks material after going to a hot baseball game.  LOL  Oh well, let them be shocked.

I do love going to look at all the oh so pretty's.  Someday when I win the lotto...



After window shopping and getting Adie's perfume, we walked around Union Square for a bit.
They had these really cool hearts that people had painted.  There were four, one on each corner of the Square.  This one was my favorite.



We headed down Powell, stopping in a few stores along the way.  We decided to grab a quick bite to eat inside the Westfield plaza before catching BART back to Orinda.  I had Cha Siu Ramen.

Yum...

After a fun (but expensive) day, we headed home grateful for so many blessings.

xoxo