About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Friday, May 3, 2013

Last Home Game of the Season! Boo-Ya! 4/23/13 Part I

Boo=We played the Dallas Stars
Ya= We Won!!!

Boo-Ya! I got a new camera!  It was my birthday, yo.  So I'm so very happy to have many, many, many decent pictures.  Probably too many. But who the hell cares?  

So without further adieu, here is our trip to San Jose for the last home game of this abbreviated season.  


We got a much later start than intended.  We both were off most of the day and hoped to actually hang around the Bay Area but we did manage to make to our favorite cupcakery before the game, Kara's on Santana Row.

I got my usual, the SUPER delicious Fleur de Sel which is a caramel-filled chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache frosting with fleur de sel (naturally!). Adrienne got the carrot cake which is what it says it is...with cream cheese frosting.



Cupcakes, and Sharks...
I KNEW it was going to be a good day.  Plus, I saw a deer on the drive.  I always take that as a good omen.  

It was such a gorgeous day that we decided to park in the cheaper parking and walk to the Shark Tank.  
I love California...

Once inside, we took care of business and then made our way over to the low level seats near the tunnel where the home team comes out for warm-ups.  There's not a single Dallas player that I like or know well enough to want pictures of (except for Jamie Benn) so I decided to focus pretty much exclusively on the Sharks.  

I took so many pictures that I'm going to probably have three different blog posts.  This is the first one (obviously) and will focus pretty much on warm ups.  

While waiting for the players to come out, I amused myself by taking pictures of the puck sculpture.
It's a Shark fin!  Isn't that adorable? 

Say hello to your San Jose Shaaarrrrkkkkssssss! Nemo leading the way followed closely by Jumbo.


Okay, here's a picture of a Stars goalie.  Because I like goalie pictures.  

Pavs has got the moves like Landy and is carrying a big white stick.  I love white sticks.  They look awesome.  JoPa is awesome so he should carry an awesome stick.
I will freely admit that I have not liked TJ Galiardi.  Part of this is because my dear friend Tutu really liked him and he never lived up to her expectations.  Don't disappoint my Tutu!  Then he was traded for my BELOVED Jamie McGinn.  BOOOOOOO Galiardi!!!!  And then he sucked.  (((  

Until he was put on a line with Jumbo and Burnsie.  All of a sudden, he doesn't suck.  And, almost as important, he's kinda charming.  Uh oh...


 FYI: It's the top of the glass distorting Marty's feet and stick. Took me a few minutes to figure that one out.  haha
 Big white stick alert!!  :-) Sooo pretty.
 Thank you, new camera, for allowing me to get at least a halfway decent picture of Mr. Havlat!!  

Pavs always has so much fun on the ice.  I love it.  



 Here's Galiardi being charming again...  Even Desi isn't immune to his charms. 
I just love that stick!  Apparently I can't say it enough...
 The Sharks newest (and very effective so far) addition.  Used to be my most hated player.  I still don't like him...sorry. I do, however, appreciate that he was a good pick up. 
 But now that big, ugly, lumpy, Vancouver Bitch named Kevin Bieksa has the honor of being most hated.





 James Sheppard is kinda cute too.  And what a gamer! Video gamer, that is.  No, he's been good.  To bad he seems to get the pressbox treatment a little too often.
O' Jumbo, my Jumbo! <3 font="">



Niemi was cute...enjoying some laughs and flashing some dimples.  


Well, a legitimate Vezina candidate SHOULD be happy.  Great season Nemo.  I love you again. 
I think that's a smile from Scottie Hannan...maybe...  ))

 Holy crap!  That is DEFINITELY a smile from even-seriouser-than-Captain-serious... Wingels!
Greiss bad-ass mask.  Always a welcome picture here at luvslife. 
 I luv Bur.  I don't care that he makes too much money and hasn't been as good as hoped.  He blocks shots, photobombs interviews, and has mad flow.  
 Patty was giving away pucks as usual during home games.  And people wonder why he's consistently voted fan favorite?  He knows how to work it.  Plus he's wonderful. 







 Aaaaannnnddd, they're done.  Warm ups over.


(that stick!) 






Sharks just won Game 2 in Vancouver baby!!!  Wooooootttttt!!  
And dayum, Brent Burns is one hot grown-up kid. 

On a completely random note, the swelling and pain in my arm from the tetanus shot I had LAST FRIDAY is finally going away today.  Thank goodness.  

Well, that was a shitload of pictures...I think there were approximately 60.  LOL  And more pictures to come...unfortunately, I still have to edit them so no telling when they'll be up.  Hopefully soon.  

Lets Go Sharks!  Lets Go Sharks!  Lets Go Sharks! Lets Go Sharks! Lets Go Sharks!

xoxo