About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I Like Food! - Sacto MoFo 11/26/13


Anyone ever watch Food Network's Great Food Truck Race?  Then you understand my fascination with food trucks.  In the city of Sacramento, there was an ordinance that prohibited trucks from parking for longer than 20 minutes, which obviously precluded any sort of gourmet fare being served.

So a few years ago, they started having the Sacramento Mobile Food Truck Festival (Sacto MoFo) to bring awareness and hopefully change the ordinance.  Which I think they did.  Or relaxed it.  Or something.  Bottom line is we now have some very delicious food trucks in the area PLUS every year we have trucks come from all over California to give people a chance at the Food Truck Experience.

This year, my sister happened to come to town on the day of the festival, so I took the day off and we hung out all day...first eating &
listening to music at the MoFo and then visiting my mom.  

We arrived at about 11:45 which was 45 minutes after the festival started.  There was ALREADY a line of about 50-75 people deep for a truck from the Bay Area called The Chairman.  So we quickly decided we weren't going to be eating from that truck.  

We were pretty hungry however, so we decided to grab some quick eats to get started.  Rose decided on Corn Cake from Simply Southern.
It was delicious.  A bit too sweet for Rose, but I loved it.  lol  There's a reason they call it corn CAKE and not bread.  
I decided on some Indian Fusion since I like curry and such, but rarely get to eat it as Adrienne does not.  I can't find this truck online now...but here's a photo of the mystery truck.
I got a chicken marsala taco, which is pretty much what it says.  It was pretty good.  I little greasier than I would have liked, but the flavor was definitely there.

We sat in the beer garden and listened to a reggae band, ate our goodies, and drank some Stella Artois. My lovely, wonderful sister Rose.  
Then we returned to walking around and trying to decide what to eat next.  I was fascinated with the paella vendor.  They had the awesome huge paella pans in various stages of preparation.  It was awesome.

You start off with some onions...add some sausage...

Add in the liquid and rice...

After it's reduced a bit, add in some shrimp...
Continue cooking until liquid has reduced and shrimp is cooked...serve delicious finished product to happy customers.

I couldn't help but take some surreptitious photos of people's delicious looking food as they walked by.
After walking around for another hour and seeing and smelling delicious food, we decided it was time to get in the ever-expanding lines.  After walking in circles trying to decide between three trucks, the paella, A Japanese/Korean fusion truck called Koja, and some delicious-looking pork sandwiches,  I was set on the pork.

It was  pork loin wrapped in pork belly and then rotisserie'd. It looked simply amazing.  So I went to get in line.  And I walked.  And I walked.  And I walked.  It was so freaking deceptive...curling around and around.  So, no.

Then I walked over to Koja and it was horribly long too.  Rose went to get in line at Drewski's, which didn't look that long.  And I finally just decided to go for what had fascinated me all along...Addy's Paella.

YUM!!

I walked over to find Rosie in the line at Drewski's.  It was also longer than we had thought it was. I stood there with her until she ordered, and then we went and found some convenient seats to await her food.  It looked like it would be awhile. So we settled in to listen to the band.  A rock band this time and they were pretty darn good!  I wish I knew the name, because I'd definitely go see them again.
 We passed the time people and doggy watching.  lol

And then, finally, FOOD!  Rose had ordered Drewski's Prius, which is their vegetarian offering.  It has apples, brie, almonds, and honey.  Delicious but a little heavy on the honey.  Still yummy though.
My favorite thing at Drewski's (having eaten there before on the street) is their Rosemary Tots.  So delicious!

Rose had also ordered dessert since this was our last food of the afternoon.  Drewski's smores.  Wow...sweet after sweet it was a little much.  But if we hadn't had the Prius, or if there had been less honey on the Prius it would have been okay.  As it was, we couldn't finish.



All in all, it was a delicious, filling day.  

xoxo