About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fan Appreciation=Mutual Lovefest - Last Home Game Part 3

FAN APPRECIATION (fan uh-pree-shee-ey-shuh n) (NOUN): ________________________________
Thankful recognition, with an increase  or rise in the 
value of property, goods, etc., of the people who love
you with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal.

Sounds about right for Sharks fans.  Except for the "uncritical" part; Sharks fans are extraordinarily hard on their team, players and coaches alike.  I think it comes from being sooooo close for so long and not quite getting the job done.   The job?  This...

With this victory over the Dallas Stars, The San Jose Sharks clinched a playoff spot for the 9th straight year...second only to the Red Wings stretch of 22 consecutive years. 


 Both of those streaks were seriously in doubt this year.
For quite a long part of this abbreviated season, it really looked like the Men in Teal 
would be hitting the golf links early.
Photos courtesty of Sharks.NHL.com & Sharks Foundation
 Luckily that didn't happen.  And luckier for me, the Sharks clinched their playoff spot at the last home game and the festivities seemed even more...well...festive!

Throughout the game, the Sharks organization gave away item after item thereby increasing the property of the ticket holders who raucously cheered to victory.  Afterword... 

The players gathered...



Captain Jumbo gave a speech...

And then the players headed out to get semi-naked and make some select fans extremely happy.

Brauny was Mr. Speedy!  Hope he's not always that fast.  LOL

Sharks PR Guru Tom Holey tried to stop him...
But Brauny is all "Peace out brah.  Brauny out!"
LOL  Maybe he had a hot date...

The other players seemed to enjoy talking to the lucky fans and throwing tshirts to the rest of us. 
Getting things started was the Captain.  Oh Jumbo, how I love thee.


Greiss is STILL out talking to his people. What a nice guy.  

Meanwhile, Pavs' booty...uh I mean Pavs, Wingels, Desi, Patty, and Burish load up with shirts. 
(but come on...look at that hockey player booty!)
As usual, this is the only picture of Havlat.  LOL
His streak of successfully avoiding my lens continues.
Sooooooooo glad you came home Stuey.
I noticed that Desi is wearing Demers' shirt in these pictures.  haha
Anyone who says Patty Marleau is "fat" or out of shape, is cray-cray.  I'm looking at you HF Boards.
You can tell who was in the pressbox for the game.  Shep cleans up pretty nice.

And not sure what's up with the lady walking with Holey and Dan Boyle...she's holding number 23 so I guess Gomez didn't come out?  Cuz this is pretty much toward the end.
Luckily, she got to hang out with Dan Freakin Boyle!

I think Holey is talking shit about Brauny here...
Galiardi practically handed a shirt to a Bluecoat.  Wait...what??  I didn't think they were allowed!  lol
And she still wants more!!! #Greedy
Moar Pavs!
He's so gutless!  /sarcasm

I'm sorry, but he's so awkwardly yummy.
Hmmm, wonder who Holey recognized & told Patty to throw to...
And last but not least (in my book anyway) was Adam Burish with some very unfortunate looking hair.  lol


And thus ended another regular season.
So much fun!  Glad I splurged; next year I think I'll really splurge and get some lower level seats behind the benches.

xoxo