About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Captain's Practice Numba 2! 8-26-10

I'm developing quite a habit of putting miles on my car.  Ahhhhh, just like old times!  Although there seems to be a distinct lack of disparity in my activities these days.  Hockey and baseball.  Baseball and hockey.  And...as my dear friend Sadako would say..."that's about at it!".   But what can I say??  I luvs it!

So the week of August 23rd it was reported by various eyewitnesses that there were a few new skaters on the ice. Of most interest to me were the two Joe's.  So off I went to San Jose on my day off.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Roll call!!

Ya got your Burger Line:  Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton, Dany Heatley (Jumbo heated patty). 













































































Most of Captain America's line... Joe Pavelski and Devin Setoguchi. 

Bottom 6 forward Scotty Nichol whom I adore and who never stops chirping!


And, new to the Sharks, bottom 6 forward Jamal Mayers.
Mayers in center of picture
Prospect forward Frazier McLaren



Defensemen!

Dan Boyle (or funny face as I like to call him...)


































My baby shark, Jason Demers


Jay "I'm ready Coach!" Leach

Regarding Goalies...  Our platoon (of the moment, as it turns out) was there.  Thomas Greiss who has been the Sharks backup and who played in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics for his country, Germany. 



And our new goalie, formerly of the Tamba Bay Lightening (Yum...Ryan Malone...*drool*) and not pictured here, Antero Niittymaki. 

I didn't get any decent pictures of Niitty because I was too lazy to walk down the rink.  The angle and scraped up glass made a decent photo from my coveted spot on the bleachers impossible. 

A quick note regarding the goalies.  In the scrimmage, Greiss was the goalie for the black team.  Jumbo, Patty, Pavs, and Seto were the "top" forwards for the white team.  They annihilated Thomas.  On HF Boards I was blasted (by one of Thomas's countrymen) for offering the opinion that based on that day's practice, Greiss is not our goalie of the future. 

As it turned out almost exactly one week later, I was right.  I feel terrible for Thomas and I wish him the best of luck. 

Back to Roll Call!

The non-sharks...starting with our beluved Cheechoo train (pictured here with Demers)


Our beluved Owen Nolan (whom a LOT of Sharks fan would luv to see re-signed)



And the Red Wings (boooooooooooooo) Brad Stuart. I'm not booing Stuart...just the crybaby Wings.


There is so much to luv about Captain's Skate.  And again, I am just amazed at the fact that one can walk into a rink for free...hang out at the glass (if one chooses)...and watch star athletes at their game!  No other sport provides that opportunity. 

And besides that...it's just damn fun.  The guys that are so competetive during the season are like little boys at the practice rink.  There are smiles and laughs.  Chirping and cursing (in fun).  And it's simply awesome.

And now MOAR Pictures!


during drills



Patty dropping the puck for Pavs and Nolan





































Pavs gets a facewash!











And to finish it off...the most adorable picture of Own Nolan and his little son.