About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Raindrops on Roses & Whiskers on Kittens

I have all these random photos from just...life.  
Normal, everyday life.  

So, since this has been a tremendously hard, exhausting, and draining week, I thought I'd post them.  
Because it's easy.  And I don't have to think (much).

We'll start off with the Raindrops on Roses


I love taking photos of flowers in the rain.  Of course that's something we Californians rarely see anymore.  These were taken probably two years ago at Gigi's house where my mother lives. 


Also these gorgeous hydrangeas.


Mushrooms in the rain look cool too.  And slightly phallic.  lol

And this one time?  In LA?  We went to Milk.  Delicious.





And on the way back to Sacramento, I stopped at Frosted.  Because I love cupcakes.

Yum...hazelnut.

Once back in my "lovely" hood, there was the usual police action. 




And that beautiful Sunday when I went downtown to the Farmer's Market and saw the car of my dreams.  
I want to go to there.


On a lovely Saturday, I went to the @SactoMoFo food truck meet up at the park by the river.  Good times.




Of course I have to go to as many Food Truck @SactoMofo events as possible, and this time I dragged Melanie, Gracie, and Kevonne along for the ride.  It was fun.  Food trucks and a concert in the park by the river.  







And one day there was a gorgeous sunset with awesome clouds.

Now it's time for the whiskers on kittens.

For a few months, whenever we went out on the balcony, a surprise visitor would pop up.  He scared me quite a few times.  




He would just sit up there on the roof...watching...  
Occasionally at night I would hear him galloping around up there.  
Probably chasing squirrels.  
We never, ever saw him during the day. 

And now for myriad pictures and poses of my two fur-babies.
Chavvy loves shoes.


Whiskers! 
  
Here is Chavvy trying to understand Ellie's fascination with being under the covers. 

 Upside down kitties






Chavvy loves shoes and Ellie loves ironing boards.  


I love my babies.  

And I love my life. 
Sometimes it's hard to remember to be grateful.
Photos like these help.

xoxo