About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Monday, April 6, 2015

I'm In a Bad Mood; Let's Post Some Photos. 2013 NCAA Women's Volleyball & Christmas at the Grove LA

Someone who shall remain nameless just upset me.  

So I am going to make myself feel better by watching the Athletics and Sharks on TV simultaneously and posting some old photos of volleyball and Christmas!


These are a few of my favorite things.  

Anyway...

In 2013, I went down to LA for a weekend and we wandered about the Grove for a bit.  The Christmas decor is always nice to see.  

It's a TopShop Christmas!


The streetcar and the Christmas tree

It's Santa!

Santa flying through the fountain below.  


In the middle of our Christmas wanderings, we noticed something weird was happening.

We were beginning to run into quite a few people who were a little strangely dressed.  


And a few people who were carrying various signs such as "Free Hugs".


It was a flash mob!  They sang and danced a little, but the main thing was the singing and hugging.  Oy vey!

And apparently one of the main organizers was this dude on the left.  I can't remember who he was now but he was a D list star of some sort.  Maybe MTV?  I don't know.   

I absolutely adore the guy in the glasses who photobombed me.  hahaha


After the singing was done, we made our way over to Sprinkles to buy some cupcakes as I like to do.  But holy moly!  The line was about 25 people.  No thanks.

So we made our way to the car and snagged this gorgeous landscape of the sun and downtown from the parking garage.


We had tickets for the NCAA Women's Volleyball Tournament.  And USC just happened to be playing that night!  Yay!  Fight on!

I will unashamedly say that I really love volleyball.  We've gone to college games for years...mainly Stanford, but I'm not allowed to talk about that anymore.  lol  I wish I was still playing and hope to someday get back to it before I'm too old.

But in the meantime, I will be a happy spectator.


Our seats were with a bunch of the visiting Washington parents.  Naturally the mascot had to come and say hi.  And naturally I was dressed in black and purple with purple nails.  #Isuck
We were kitty corner to the USC band and the USC Song Girls.


Let's get it on!  (MXC reference for the cool people)

Blockers up!  Oops.  I just noticed that I didn't keep the color for the middle blocker.  Being a middle blocker myself, I'm really insulted. :( And sorry.


These fans were having a good time.  It was a little cold to have painted-on shirts though. :-) #Dedicated #AndProbablyDrunk




Despite a valiant effort and some very good and looong rallies, the Trojans lost the match.  But not their spirit.  

Fun times.

xoxo