About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mysterious Curse? Or Coincidence?

Just call us the Black Widows. 

Three times this season we have spread our evil curse upon the opposing team.  Three times this season our black hearts and blacker thoughts (that's racist!) have spewed a severe punishment upon unwary athletes with a malignity they never anticipated. 

Behold the evidence...

On the dark night of October 27th, in the year of our saviour jesus toews 2010, we gazed with dark eyes upon one Zach Parise (who, appropriately enough, plays for the Devils).



Just 3 days later on October 30th, he was gone for (most) of the season...
brought down by our malevolent hearts with a severe knee injury.

On the dark night of November 24th, in the year of our saviour jesus toews 2010, we gazed with dark eyes upon one Patrick Kane (who, appropriately enough, plays for the Blackhawks,
those black-hearted villains who swept the Sharks in the SCF last season).


Just 5 days later, on December 5, he was gone for a significant period of time,
brought down by our venom with a severe knee injury. 

On the dark night of March 24th, in the year of our saviour jesus toews 2011, we gazed with dark eyes upon one Anze Kopitar (who, ironically enough...well, I can't think of an ironically for the Kings).


Just 2 days later, on March 26th, he was gone for the rest of the season,
brought down by our malice with a horrifying (and I do mean horrifying) broken ankle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, don't get me wrong...we NEVER really ill-wish any player.
(Well, maybe Nic Wallin, but that's only in the heat of the moment when he makes a boneheaded play.)

But it is a bit of a weird coincidence, don't you think?  Just me?  Okay. 
But we REALLY, REALLY need to get to a Ducks game!! 


And lastly, our heartfelt wishes to Anze Kopitar
for a speedy recovery.
 (But not too speedy.  I mean, don't rush it or anything.  Better safe than sorry, right?