About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Backtracking to Reunion Week

"Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection." ~~ Arthur Schopenhauer (1788–1860), German philosopher

Sometime in 2010, I think it was October, I was blessed to be reunited with dear friends and family whom I have not seen for some time.

The reason(s) for the estrangement? Distance, life, circumstances...whatever...
In my book, there are people in your life that you love and always love. No matter if life dictates that you not see that person or speak for lengths of time.

Sometimes you form an attachment to a person that isn't what some people consider "normal", especially in this day and age of the interwebs. 
Sometimes friendships such as these are even more special because of their rarity.

Anyhoo, enough philosophizing for now...on to the photos.

As usual, it's been so long that I don't remember the exact chronology of events; in any case, these reunions all happened within a month of each other at the most.  So I'm just going to put them all here.

MEL AND ME


I love Melanie's parents; the sweetest people in the world!  Nita didn't make an appearance this day, but PaPaw came over... 
... and we suitably mugged him.


About a week or so after Me and Mel reunited, we decided to have another get together and reunite with Diane Sproule whom I haven't seen since my daughter was about 2?  Maybe even younger.  Wow.  FTR, Adie is almost 25 now...  So much fun just sitting and talking.  Too bad we were all nursing colds.

(Yes, I did photoshop my coldsore out.  Haha!)

When I was driving to this reunion, I decided to take a few pictures of where I grew up (and the places that still haunt my dreams in a lot of cases).  Mel lives across the street from the house she grew up in which is kitty-corner to the house I grew up in.

My mom's old house (except it was usually aqua) which we sold when she was diagnosed with Alzheimers. 

I'm 99.999% sure this is the same basketball hoop that we had growing up 40 years ago!!!

This is my junior high on the left and my church on the right...  So many memories of this street. Everything happened here since the elementary school, jr high, and high school were all in a row PLUS our church.

The church:
And my high school, Highlands High - Home of the Scots


And, most wonderful of all, I got to see my much beloved niece, Sabrina, and her hubby Lee, and their kids Trinity and Logan.  The last time we saw each other was in Washington State when Adie and myself took my mom up their after Trinity was born.  You can see how long ago that was. 

Here is a family portrait:

We couldn't get my mom to understand where the camera was.  lol

Sabrina brought a wonderful photo book for my mom:

XoXo

Trinity and Logan were adorable little bundles of energy!  Not to mention the extreme family resemblance...


And since this is about family, it's a good excuse for me to post pictures of my daughter who will most likely kill me if she finds out.  So if you talk to her, please don't tell her.  haha