About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Edmonton Oilers @ Da Sharks 12/21/10

Wow, I really have to keep more up to date on these blog posts!  By the time I get around to editing the pictures and actually blogging, I've forgotten what was going on!  lol  Sucks to be old and blonde.

So this was a mystery puck game and I really, really wanted to go. 
It was a bit stressful leading up to it because we bought the tickets pretty far in advance and then, before I knew it, game day was there and I hadn't made arrangements to take care of my mom.

Again, the blondeness! 
Luckily Jeanette (not me, the other Jeanette) came through and we were able to go.

We got there in time and I bought two mystery pucks. 
I unwrapped the first one to find a Ginner puck!  Yay!!  The second one was a John McCarthy puck, which made Adrienne happy.  We do love our Wooster boys...

After we got settled in, I couldn't help myself...I wanted another puck. It was pointless to resist because I couldn't!  The third puck was a Devon Setoguchi which is a pretty good get. 

After getting our pucks, we made our way down to the glass. 


We settled in on the Sharks side; I completely forgot that I wanted to get pictures of:
1)  Ryan Whitney who I think is hilarious and is really having a good year.       
2)  Colin Fraser whom I really liked on the Blackhawks.                                 
3)  Possibly Taylor Hall...mainly because he is a Calder Trophy rival to Juicy. 

Luckily I remembered midway through warmups that I was at this particular game for reasons other than the mystery pucks.  lol  I managed to snap a few pics of my targets. Ryan looks a little silly...
It must have been the scheduled day to interview #16.  lol

And of course, I got a bunch of Sharks warming up...

I really like this one. I call it "Sharks In Motion".  haha
This one's a bit blurry, but I like it for some reason.



That's about it for warmups, so we took our pucks and made our way to our seats. 
 Here's the view during the Canadian national anthem.
So pretty! I luvs the pretty colors and imagery.  The singers were very good too if I recall correctly.

Of course I have my obligatory shot(s) of players without lids during the anthems.  So disrespectful...I know.


Game Time!!  Sharkie gets the crowd fired up before the Sharks skate out of the shark head.

Annnnnndddddd, let the game commence!


Juicy did his best Patrick Kane impersonation...


Jamie Baker was broadcasting "iceside" near our seats. 
The chica directly in front of him appeared to be his "date".


Sharks won!  My camera battery died in the 3rd period so I don't have any pictures of the post game luv or of the three stars.  Hell, I don't even remember what the final score was. But we won so suck it Oil!
(Actually just looked it up: 2-1 Sharks)


 XX