About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shark Revenge! Bite the Blackhawks on 11/24/10!


So, because I'm obviously bad at timely posts...I can't remember tons of detail about this game.  Plus my head was spinning from the sexyness that was (and is) Patrick Sharp.

Things I do remember:
  1. Patrick Sharp is extremely yummy.  I mean extemely.
  2. Patrick Marleau had an excellent game.  Very physical.  To bad it was his last for awhile.
  3. Jonathan Toews didn't skate near me.  Booooo. 
  4. Seabs took a shot to the cojones. Pictures of his suffering to follow.  The funnier thing was, he took another shot to the same sensitive area the very next game against the Kings.  I wonder if there was a conspiracy.
  5. I think this was Justin Braun's first game as a callup. I could be wrong.  It could have just been the first game we saw him at.  I also could be wrong about that.  lol (EDIT:  I was right!  He was called up the day before.)
  6. Apparently, Adrienne & I were on t.v. in Chicago during this game.  My friend texted me and told me that he saw us.  haha  I assume it was when they interviewed Duncan Keith right before the game and I was taking his picture.  Slightly embarrassing, but my friend did think we had seats on the glass so that made up for it.  lol



So, without further comment...on to the pictures.
(NOTE:  I got a little photoshop crazy and put a psychodelic spin on many of the pictures)

WARMUPS!

The aforementioned Justin Braun
Troy Brower or Browsie as he likes to be called
Duncan Keith

Here is Duncs giving the aforementioned interview. 
Booooooooooooo!   Soupy.    Booooooooooooooooooo!
Nic Hjalmarsson.  He should have been OURS!!!

Derek Joslin was there. 
Kaner Rocks!
Boyler and Mitchell with a Scottty sign

Torrey looks a bit crazy in this one...


Seabs
Captain Serious!

I really, really like the juxtaposition of Kaner and Tazer in this photo. 
And here are my two favorite 'Hawks together (Seabs is a close 3rd)

Which leads us right into SHARPIE!  Oh Sharpie...

So, we made our way to our seats. We got these awesome seats on Ebay for basically face value. 
Some seats were being hella jacked up by bidders, but no one bid on these (except me, of course) even though they were the best ones I saw on there.  Well, except for a few in the first rows. 

Anyhoo, the view from our seats...
Yes, that is the infamous shark's head.  We were on the aisle directly above it so we had a perfect view of the skaters entering the pond.  Unfortunately, my camera did not like the lighting.
And keeping in the tradition of blurry pictures, here is Sharkie rappelling down to the ice.

NATIONAL ANTHEM!





And now on to the
GAME PICTURES

We'll start with the Chicago bench...including a lidless Sharpie!
Warning...there will be several more lidless Sharpie pictures.  lol
And down goes Heatley.
Here is the view of a faceoff directly down from our seats.  Awesome.



Clowie and Browsie fought - punch landed...
Scotty and Bolland have a confrontation


Here's where Seabs took one in the sensitive parts.  Poor Seabs!
Waiting to see if Juicy's goal counts.  It didn't.  :-(

And SHARKS WIN!!!
Salute!
We were treated to two interviews.  Dougie and Nemo.

Sharkie giving Nemo a pat on the butt during the three stars awards.

And a good time was had by all.  Well, not the poor Blackhawks.
As a side note...we were pretty lucky (or jinxes, depending on how you look at it) since Kaner got hurt right after this game.  Same with Zach Parise...two games after we saw him play, LTIR.  Go figure.