About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Perfect Day Part II

It took us about 45 minutes of mostly light (for the Bay Area) traffic to reach the Coliseum.  We decided to park in the actual lot since the game was just about to start and I didn't want to trouble with a BART station filled with actual workday commuters.

Went to the ticket window and got pretty much the exact seats we wanted - Section 128, right behind the A's bullpen, 3rd row from the field.  Awesome.  We stopped at the concessions to buy A a hat since it was super bright out and she had forgotten to grab sunglasses or a hat from home.  Bought a couple A's magazines with Swooney and Bailey on the covers. 

We made our way down to our seats, located conveniently close to my current A's man candy, Conor Jackson. Thankfully our game was between his DL stints. *sigh*
 Missed only the first inning...but of course the A's scored.  lol  Gio G was starting and he pitched great!



Unfortunately, we missed the pregame manlove between Gio and Dallas Braden.  lol  That's okay cause it squicks me out just a little. 

It was bright and sunny, but not too hot. I tells ya it was a perfect day!!! Well, I guess it was hot for the players...

Gio cools off & Zook towels off
I guess I should mention that we were playing the Toronto Blue Jays.  There will be at least one gratuitious photo of Blue Jay hotties (I'm looking at you J.P. Arencibia) but to pay tribute to that great sports country, Canada...
Bottom of the 2nd, Cocoa Crisp on second, but the A's stranded him...luckily our anemic offense didn't make that a habit in this game.
Hockey has their green men...and the A's have their Green N'Gold dude?  Seriously??  How could he breathe?  And I know it was hot in that getup...
Like the glove dude.  lol  Kkkoooooooozzzz flashed some leather, making a diving catch of a foul ball.
Since we hadn't eaten at all that morning, we were waiting for a vendor with some substantial food but none came.  Since we couldn't make it on ice cream (much as I would like to try) we debated going for food.  I'm lame and my fucked up feet were hurting so I persuaded A to go for us.  She loves Andrew Bailey and threatened me with severe punishment if she missed seeing him.

I feel horrible...not only did she miss the live dot racing...
In a last minute collision, the white dot wins!
Of course she missed Andrew making his way out to the bullpen with one of his best buddies, Craig Breslow.  Oh, and that other guy who almost blew the game for us...Michael Wuertz.

But that's okay, because this is the perfect day, right?  It has be right itself because that's what perfect means.  Right??  More on that later.  Let's have some gratuitous photos:


Of course I have to start with CoJa - look at that hair
















My faith in the perfect day continues when Andrew Bailey decides to move around a bit between innings.  And A is there to see it!  Yay perfect day!


The other guys were throwing sunflower seeds at his head.  LOL!  If you've never sat by a bullpen let me just tell you it's awesome to see the guys warming up.  But almost better than that is hearing the sound the ball makes as it zips from their hands to the bullpen catcher's mitt.  ZzzzzziiiippppppThwack






So to condense 9 innings...Cocoa Crisp had a day... two doubles, run scored, homerun, 2 rbi.  Here's the tail end of his home run trot.
7th inning home run
The A's congratulate Covelli
Top of the 9th A's lead 4-2.  Enter the Wuertz case scenario.  Wuertz is either really good or really, really stinky.  Today it stunk.  So we go to the bottom of the 9th with the game now tied at 4.  *le sigh*  Poor Gio!  He really deserved the win for his 7 strong innings.

So Tolleson comes up and A says that they should pinch hit for him with someone.  I forget who.  I counter that if anyone should be pinch hit for it should be the next hitter, Pennington.  Tolleson has only been up a short time but has a higher average than Pennington.  Turns out we're both wrong!  Damn you Geren!  I hate you, but this time you were right...everyone gets lucky once in a while I suppose.

Tolleson singles and the Jays' catcher (NOT hottieArencibia) passes a ball (that sounds painful)...Tolleson to 2nd.  Enter Pennington...SINGLE!  Tolleson scores!  Walk-off single for Cliff Pennington!!




A's Win!  The A's Win! 

After a quick stop at Hockey Xport to pick up A's Pavelski jersey, we headed home.  Got home...mom was fine...a perfect day. 

Oh...almost forgot the gratuitous picture of J.P. Arencibia.  Not the best picture, but...

It's a butt shot...sorry.  Best I got. lol
One final Blue Jay comment...Doesn't Snyder look like Buster Posey's little brother?