About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sacramento Sunday #2

Well, sorry to say...my Sacramento Sunday got a bit derailed thanks to the lovely disease that is Alzheimers.  I had planned to go to the Japanese Festival and then take me mum to a brass band concert in Carmichael Park but, alas, it was not to be. 

We did make it to church though and I'm particularly glad that we did.  Three hymns that I enjoy very much were sung:

O My Father
Tis Sweet to Sing the Matchless Love
How Firm a Foundation

And I actually remembered MOST of the alto harmony and only messed up a little! 

The speakers were very good and there was a beautiful musical interlude.  Truly lovely and spiritual; I found myself a bit teary, which happens now and then when I'm in church. 


After we got home, my mom and I went for a brief walk since it was gorgeous outside and she seemed to have plenty of energy.  But after we came inside, she suddenly got pretty confused and tired.  I let her take her nap 20 minutes early to see if it would help.

The Japanese dancing and drumming were taking place during the day while she would have been napping and then eating her late lunch,  but I decided I should just stay close to home.  And then I just decided to bail on the concert too.  Oh well...maybe next Sunday.  At least we made it to church, right?  :-)