About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Catching Up - Moar Captain's Ice! 9-2-10

Ya know, for something I enjoy, I'm pretty bad at keeping up with this blog!  I suppose it's understandable when you figure I work full-time & take care of an Alzheimer's patient full-time + my naturally lazy, procrastinating personality.  :-)

In my last entry, I touched upon Thomas Greiss and the Shark's goalie tandem of Niittymakii and Greiss.  I mentioned that it was current as of that day but lasted for only one week.  As our adventures in ice continue, we learn that Grandmaster Doug Wilson went out and bought himself another Finnish goalie!  A Stanley-Cup winning Finnish goalie named Anti Niemi.  So now we have Finnish bookends at goal and a media blitz at Shark's Ice to report on this new development.


Thomas looked pretty bummed during the whole skate...  He and Patrick Marleau shared a cute moment during the scrimmage.  Thomas came out to play the puck and Patty skated up and gave him a pretty good shove.  Greiss shoved him back; then they stopped and smiled at each other.  I'm so glad I snapped this blurry picture to capture the moment \sarcasm




One of the main reasons I wanted to go to practice was because I'd heard there were a few new faces.  I was super excited to see the Big Man, Dougie Murray, up close.  And he didn't disappoint.  But my camera did...it took me forever to get a decent picture!  It was like he was in The Ring or something because they all came out blurry. 

 These two are the best of the bunch.  
Also new to my ice experience was Ryane Clowe.
Shhhh...it's a secret...but I am wild for pictures of athletes without their hats/helmets on.  I don't know why.  It's not the greatest picture in the world, I know, but I had to include it.  Because he has no helmet!


There is a blog I read sometimes called Hockey and High Heels.  Clowie had a hockey and high heels moment.  A cute young girlie came in wearing a short skirt and high heels.  She climbed to the top of the bleachers at center ice and then proceeded to take out a notebook and act like she was too busy to be there.  Here's Ryane checking her out:

But he is a hockey player, after all, so of course he had to check out the situation.  And he made it up to me by looking over at me when he came off the ice and kinda smiling for my camera.

Clowie had a fun practice.  Love seeing the guys smiling and joking around.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Dan Boyle?  I think he's hot...he's intense...he's forthright...and did I mention hot?  He also plays a pretty good game of hockey.  Here he got knocked on his ass and still kept possession of the puck.

Also new on the ice was another of my favorite baby sharks.  Jamie McGinn.  Ginners!




So of course besides Ginners, my other baby shark that was present was Jason Demers.  I actually arrived a little bit late due to familial duties and when I got there, Demers was just re-entering the ice with a pretty good sized bandage under his right eye.  I never heard what happened, but it didn't seem to impede him too much. 




And now for the money shotNo helmet!!

So regarding the captaincy...FWIW, Patty seemed to be running the show (although Boyler left before drills) and Pavs was close behind him.  Interesting to see.  I don't think they'll give the C back to Patrick and I think Pavs is too young (although, what the hell do I know?).  So my guess?  Boyler or Jumbo with my dark horse being Scott Nichol. But I wouldn't be totally surprised by Pavs or even Patty.  Way to hedge my bets, right?




And now, because it's getting really late and I'm really, really tire...a barrage of pictures...


Seto with the laziest stretch ever






JoPa's awesome (as we all know) and stops to talk to fans

Nice smile! He's kinda cute for a Red Wing


O' former captain, My former captain! <3





And one minor non-hockey note:  Vampire Diaries is awesome.  Ian Somerhalder:  The Hotness, it burns!