About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Sandy Yang - Railroad Tracks Mini Shoot

In my last post, I started sharing my photos of the incredibly talented model, Sandy Yang.  The first set were taken in Folsom by a little creek with a couple of bridges to work with.  So much fun!

After that, we moved to the abandoned railroad tracks. These tracks are so cool with grass and shrubs that form a kind of tunnel where the curve is.  I loved it.  

This is the end that heads out toward East Bidwell Road. 







And in the other direction is that cool tunnel effect.  




I had to include this "meta" picture of one of the other photographers poking into my shot.  lol  I think it's kind of a cool BTS look at how things are on these "mini-shoots".   Basically it's where about 4 photographers pay to take part in the shoot.  Some, like this one, are a nice free-for-all where everyone is courteous and works at the same time.  There's bound to be some juggling position and shots with other people in them.  

I actually like this because I like to try to get angles that are weird and/or shots where the model isn't focusing on me.  I just think the photos are more interesting than all with the model looking at camera. 


But of course, there isn't anything wrong with some good shots of the model looking into my lens too!


Okay, so this next photo is a different crop and edit as the one above.  I just love not only Sandy's pose and gorgeous looks but also the background, which is bokeh on one side and kind of swirly on the other.  I wanted to go for a fantasy type look so drew on some makeup and brought out her eyes with a little added effect.  I love it. 


And this next photo is just amazing to me.  She's so gorgeous and I love the pose, lighting, everything. 



I also love this next one.  She was taking a brief moment between shots and I just happened to catch the movement of her hair as she adjusted it.  I was sitting on the ground in front of here but a pretty good distance off. 

I cropped this next one square because I wanted to keep the bokeh-filled background.  I also broke a "rule" of composition (as I understand it, anyway) because normally one should leave more space on the side to which a subject is looking.  But I liked this angle better.  



This is probably my favorite of the whole shoot.  I don't know what it is but it grabs me.  It looks like a real moment.  


And this one too!  Similar, I know, but it's so beautiful!  I gave it a slightly purple tint because it's my favorite color and I think it really works.  


So much fun!  

Up next, we'll continue the series in studio for some lifestyle and street-wear portraits.  

xoxo

Nikon D3300