About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

From Flowers to Castles - Amador County, California 2016

In my last post, we visited Amador Flower Farm in Plymouth, California on a beautiful Easter morning.  

But, although it was sooo gorgeous, it wasn't the only star of the show!  A drive through the California foothills in spring is bound to bring you many fun and fantastic sights.  And I'm here to capture them for you!

I headed back down Highway 16 towards Highway 49 to head to Ione, California.  But I had seen a couple things on my way up and new I had to stop.  The first one was a VERY creative use of an old vehicle to create an eye-catching planter!

 I need that on my ranch too.  Along with lots and lots of poppies!  Especially multi-colored ones!

A bit further down the road, I saw an abandoned house that was in a beautiful state of decay.  I find abandoned things oddly fascinating and always want to stop and explore.  I don't always because I'm usually alone and somewhat of a chicken.  But this time I couldn't resist. 


I drove down the long road/driveway and parked behind the house.  I want to make it clear that I meant absolutely no disrespect.  I know there must be some story full of sorrow when homes become abandoned.  I'm not making light of that.  I look for the beauty in the tragedy I try to do with everything. 






Next door to the house was a field with some sheep in it.  I had to take a photo when I saw the Calla Lilies next to them.  My own version of Easter lily and the sheep remind me of the Shephard. 


I headed back down the road and stopped when I came to the pioneer cemetery for Plymouth.  Cemeteries are another thing I get a lot of grief for (no pun intended!  haha!) but they combine several of my favorite things: Outdoors, history, flowers, art, reverence, and often animals/birds.

How fitting that one of the first things I noticed when I got out to walk around was this memorial with Jesus looking out at me through a stained-glass window!



This person died in 1882!

And this oak tree is way older than that!  


The Spring scenery was so green and peaceful.  
Next door to the cemetery was a beautiful field full of wildflowers.





I moved along until I reached Preston Castle in Ione.


Such an amazing building!  I am going to go back to one of the photographer events.  If you're ot on a tour, you can only shoot through the fence. 


On my way home, I found a gorgeous field full of wild flowers. I had to stop and take tons of shots!



Fiddlenecks!






Beautiful!  And my gorgeous drive came to an end.  

xoxo

Nikon D3000