About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Friday, March 3, 2017

#TBT Except It's Not Thursday! Have Some Flowers!

Uggghhh, between a bad migraine and a flare-up of my "illness" that shall not be named, I forgot to post a #ThrowbackThursday Post so I guess this is going to be a #FlashbackFriday post instead.

It's going to be a fairly short post, but a pretty one!  Somewhere down Highway 99, south of Modesto, I found a really cool orchard on a beautiful February day in 2016.  The orchard caught my eye from the freeway because there was a hill in it so the rows of trees looked multi-leveled.

I circled around via the next exit and found that I couldn't really get back to the orchard that way.  So I got back on the freeway and backtracked until I found a way to get there to take some photos.

I had to park on a street by a RV park and then walk down an interesting path along the highway, past the park, over a river, and down to the orchard.  Along the way I saw this incredible tree.  


The orchard was just as amazing as I had suspected from the highway.

It was a beautiful, crisp morning which made for some gorgeous high-contrast photos.

And of course the lines!  Lines are a photographer's dream!

And, this being February in a semi-drought year, there were flowers!  And dew.

Here's my artistic interpretation of the orchard with the lines, flowers, hill, high-contrast, vignette, and anything else I could think of.

There were also cheery purply-blue flower bushes growing low in the wild grass at the sides of the orchard and along my river walk.

And dewy clover with white feathery flowers.  I couldn't decide which shot I liked best.  The one with the flower in focus or the hairy clover?  So I'm posting both.


One final shot of the orchard...

...and then it was on to new adventures.  :)


xoxo

Nikon D3000