About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, February 23, 2017

#TBT Rancho Seco Park 2/2016

I had this really great goal to get all of my previous year adventures posted before January ended.  Yeah, right.  lol  Didn't happen.  So I am going to try to do a "Throw Back Thursday" #TBT post each Thursday.


I chose this one because it's from February of last year and it really serves to illustrate what a difference a year makes!  It was very  dry and practically balmy last February when Adrienne and I took this little walk. 

We parked by the little lake and then walked over to the PAWS facility, which was closed.  I guess you have to make an appointment to see inside the visitor center. But we did get to see this cute ground squirrel sitting outside the house as if he owned it.  



I'm fascinated with cooling towers at old nuclear power plants.  They make for some great photos.


These two are Scimitar-horned Oryx.  They are extinct in the wild, so it's quite a treat to see them.








Black Phoebe in a treebe.


Yellowlegs




Bridge over dry creek bed.  I'm sure this is currently filled with water.  You probably can't even walk around a lot of this trail right now due to water and mud.  It's supposed to be full of vernal pools, but there was only one pool that I saw last year.


Of course, there was water in the man-made lake.

You can see the damn in the background, but I like this photo of the duel fishing docks.


Ruddy duck in reeds.






Wet Ruddy duck on blue waves. 
Not the best photo of the duck, but I liked how the water looks like corrugated metal.





xoxo



Nikon D3000