About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Landscapes of the Sacramento Wildlife Refuge

"The wilderness is healing, a therapy for the soul." 
~~ Nicholas Kristof


For my last post from the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge in January 2017, the focus is on the beautiful, semi-wild landscapes (and a few deer that I spotted as well!). 


Deer!

"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks." 
~~John Muir

'Lord save us all from old age and broken health.  
And a hope tree that has lost all its blossoms.'
~~Mark Twain
"I don't ask for the meaning of the song of a bird
or the rising of the sun on a misty morning.

There they are, and they are beautiful."
~~Pete Hamill







"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere they can be alone, quiet with the Heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."
~~ Anne Frank






One last, less-poetic note before I go...  

In one of my previous posts from October, I shared this photo of some pheasants I saw.



Understandably, the January landscape is a bit different from October, but this photo really illustrated it for me.  Below is a photo of the same little "alley" as seen above.  But the reeds have all died back and the ground is much greener.  Ahhh, nature.   


"When you have seen one ant, one bird, one tree, you have NOT seen them all."
~~ E.O. Wilson

xoxo

Nikon D3300