About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

California Capital Airshow Part II - Saturday is for Thunderbirds!

Saturday was a really busy day...the normal running errands after payday and visiting my mom, etc.  But I just happened to drive by the base right around the time the US Air Force Thunderbirds were supposed to take off.  

Of course I decided to park in a dirt lot (along with some other cheapskates) and watch the show.  Another nice experience with friendly people.  

I killed some time taking photos of a turkey vulture that was circling lazily overhead.


Then the Thunderbirds took off and I captured a different sort of bird on a wire.

  

 Love this one with the smoke engulfing the trailer.



Ah. MAY. Zing!













One of my favorite shots of the weekend.  I just love the family aspect with this dad, sitting on the top of their pickup truck, watching the jets scream overhead.  

I have a LOT of great shots from the main show which I still have to edit.  And I'm going to see the Blue Angels this weekend at San Francisco Fleet Week so I hope I can get that done before I do!

xoxo