About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Patrick Marleau is a Screamer. Who knew? Capitals at Sharks 1/7/12

"Dan made a great play to see me and Patty just gave a little scream so I knew where he was." Thornton said.  "Patty just talking made that all happen."
All Adrienne wanted for Christmas was tickets to this game...and after the aborted Tampa Bay game, I made sure it happened. I ended up buying tickets off of Craig's List, which always makes me super nervous.  Consequently, I paid more than I would have liked and the seats were the highest we have ever sat in the Tank.  But it's all good.  We were there and got to see a stellar effort from the Sharks. 

And of course some fun in warmups...



 If you can play, you can play!  Love this kid.


Oh. My. God.  Little did we know this would be the last time we would see Ginner in teal in person. Fuck my life.  I'm still so upset with this trade. Not the greatest picture. LOL  He really is much better looking than this shows.
 No more stretching bromance.  Poor Logan.
Love John Carlson's funny face. Not sure which teammate was the recipient. 




 Got flow?

 I like Laich.


This was right after Ovie collided with Mike Knuble (I think?) in warmups.  Quite a collision with both players going down heavily, but Ovie obviously was okay. 
 He laughed for quite awhile about it. 
 This picture scares me...  I'm only partly kidding.

 Cool goalie picture is cool.  I think this is Vokoun.  Damn me for taking 2 months to post. (((

 Oh Brouwsie.  Nice clean look but the 'Hawks sweater suits you better. 

 And of course my obligatory super-blurry photo of Clowie and Demers doing their little End to Warmups thingie.
We made our way up to our seats.  And up.  And up.  lol  We don't usually leave our seats during the games anyway (even intermissions) but that climb put any ideas of it right out of my head.  I think we were higher than the scoreboard!   lol
Great view of the Sharks head though.  Again with the blurriness!
 Great view for the National Anthem though.  I'm not one of those who hates it at sporting events, although I'm not always as respectful as I should be.


Opening faceoff.  I love getting this with the scoreboard in the shot.

 Shaaaaarrrrkkkksssss Gooooaaaaaalllll!

 Burnsie smiling as usual.  :-)
 Ginner with his teammates.  ::sob::

 This was quite a scrum! Ovechkin is at the bottom of the pile, while Wingels gets to know Karl Alzner a little closer than he probably wanted.
 And out of all of it, Winchester heads to the sin bin. Ovechkin ended up there as well. That's a good tradeoff.  Ovie felt that Winchester charged Semin and it was on.  Thank you Ovie.
 Neuvirth's face kinda says it all for the Caps.
In an exciting game, the Sharks win 5-2.  Ginner got an assist and the goals were by several of my favorites...Demers, Burns, Marleau, Vlasic, Mitchell. Yay!

Three stars were:

*** Torrey Mitchell
**   Dan Boyle
*     Patrick Marleau

Dan got the interview...



xoxo