About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, April 26, 2012

NBA: Jazz @ Kings 2/28/12 ~~ Matchmaker, Matchmaker...

...make me a match!
Find me a find!
Catch me a catch!


I know you're asking what the hell this song has to do with the Kings game... Sit back, sonny, because I'm about to enlighten you.


Short (hopefully) backstory:

I have worked for the same mom/pop business for almost 5 years.  When I started there, there was actually two "moms" and one "pop".  Ummmm...almost literally as it turns out. 
Fast forward 3+ years and the "mom" that I work with directly at my store is 
now divorced from the pop who works at our main location. 

My local "mom" is not meant to be alone. It goes against her culture and personal nature...so much so that...well, it just does.  She is rich, beautiful, petite, and stylish. 

I have a customer that I really like.  He is single, well-off, good looking, fit, and has a wonderfully dry way about him which I, personally, like.  I've suspected for the last two years that he has a crush on my "mom".  When he comes in, he is very nice to me. If she happens to be there, his face lights up like 
the Fourth of July.

Back in February, he came in and asked me if he was ever going to see "mom" again (because he happened to come in when I was there for the last several times). Me, being the bold person that I sometimes am, asked him if he had a crush on her or something.  

To my surprise, he replied that he had only been in love with her since the day he laid eyes on her 5 years ago.  And he was totally sincere.  Awwwwwwwww.

She had mentioned to him the fact that she was divorced, which was strange to him as he confided in me.  I agreed that it took me by surprise too and surmised that maybe she also thought he was attractive. He pooh-pooh'd my idea and said that he was too old for her.  I pooh-pooh'd that and told him that she was older than she looked and what the hell did that matter anyway? 

BTW there is about a 14-year difference which I don't think is that bad.

I encouraged him to ask her out.  Even just for coffee or a round of golf. He said that if I REALLY thought she might enjoy spending some time with him, I should put in a good word with her 
and encourage her to call him. 

With some trepidation, I did so.  I sounded her out first because I did NOT want him to be hurt and she can be...let's say somewhat selfish and shallow. She did seem interested and mentioned to me the fact that a long time ago he had made a point to tell her that he wasn't married.  

So I came right out with it and said, "He likes you. Maybe you should give him a call and see if he wants to go golfing." She asked how I knew this so I told her a brief version of my story. She said she would call him and seemed very excited.


This really, really worried me actually (REAL).   But the potential damage was done.  I could only hope and pray for the best.  So far, it's holding up well.

About a week later, Mr. Pleasedon'tGetYourHeartBroken called me and said a little birdie told him that I was a big Kings fan (not real) and that I might like to go to a Kings game as a thank you (real) for the biggest hookup of his life (not real, but I know he was thinking it). 

Of course I said yes.  I never turn down free sporting events and I used to go to a lot of basketball games back in the day.  Mostly Lakers @ Kings since I'm a Lakers fan. But that didn't need to be mentioned. I didn't want to break his heart after all.

He hooked me up with two tickets; Adrienne and I were happy to go, even though I had to work until 7pm which was when the game started.  So we were late.  But the cool thing about being late and not having a sold out game was the awesome parking dude who let us park in the season 
ticket holder parking lot so we didn't have to walk very far.  

Without further ado (and little narration because I have no idea who most of these people are) here are some PICTURES!
For added ambiance, now would be a good time to play the video at the top. 

We weren't this late, but this is a good pic of our seats.  Nice.  :-)



I posted that picture above on my Twitter for National Cleavage Day.  Perfect, don't you agree?  lol  






Here's Jimmer Verdette getting yelled at.  He didn't play well.  lol 


They gave out these clapper thingies for the second half because we were sitting behind the basket the Jazz would be shooting at.  

BAD IDEA! 

I was a freaking menace to the people in front of us.  Adrienne ended up taking mine away because I lost control of them several times.  I'm not the most coordinated person on the best day...so add in fun + me trying to clap those things + hold my phone (on which I was unashamedly checking the Sharks score throughout the night) and it = my daughter grabbing them out of my hands.  haha 


This was supposedly a SPECIAL night for the Kings and their fans because the stupid arena deal was agreed on.  I tried but failed to get pictures of the mayor, Kevin Johnson with those stupid ass trolls the Maloof brothers but the trolls pretty much broke my camera.

Slamson felt bad that Mayor Johnson had to hold hands with those ugly-ass, team-ruining trolls and gave him hug and what appeared to be a kiss.  I'm pretty sure there was tongue involved. 
 How scratchy.


I'm pretty sure Mr. Johnson will never get over it...



This is the unfortunate couple that had to sit in front of me.  I hit him in the head once and the last straw (for my daughter) was when I lost control of both my clappers and they flew out of my hands and one landed in the lady's lap.  I am a disgrace.  They were very nice though. 


Whelp, that's about it.  It was a very fun night and I'm really grateful to my customer for making it happen.  Kings won 103-96 and your three stars were:

1st:  ANTTI NIEMI
2nd:  RYANE CLOWE
3rd:  DANIEL WINNIK

Sharks beat the Flyers 1-0 BTW. 

Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your book!
And make me a perfect match!!


xoxo