About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Give 'em the old razzle dazzle! Blackhawks at Sharks 11/21/11

Here's the thing...when we had to put my mom in a memory care facility back in May, I really thought I'd be able to regain a life of leisure.  Well, not leisure but I thought I'd at least have the energy to update my blog more frequently.  So far it's not working out that way.

Not be ask for sympathy or anything, but in some ways it's harder.  It's nice to be able to do things, such as go to Sharks games, without hiring a 'sitter and worrying the entire time.  But at the first home we placed her in, I felt I had to go there almost every day to check on her and interact with her.  We moved her to a different facility in August.  Read bigger, more staff, more activities...overall a much better fit for my mom's needs.  So now I don't feel guilty for not going more than 2 or 3 days a week because I know they are taking good care of her.  But the trade off is that it's further away and traffic is horrific at the times I am able to go.

Bottom line...I'm tired.  And between being tired, working full-time, visiting mom, holiday bustle, my daughter, and a very scant social life...well, I obviously haven't updated this.  And also I'm having trouble remembering details so be prepared for a lot of pictures.

Thanksgiving.  I love it.  I love everything about Autumn from the beautiful colors as California changes for the season to staying up all night prepping Thanksgiving dinner after getting home from the Sharks Blackhawks game at 1 a.m.  This year, traffic was a little bit lighter so that was a plus and we didn't feel as stressed getting down to the South Bay. Soon we were settled in by the glass at the Shark Tank.
Anyone who talks hockey with me knows the Blackhawks are my second favorite team.  Have been for a long time, even through the many years when I was a casual hockey fan and didn't really follow that much.  So seeing the Blackhawks as much as possible each year is a real treat for me.  Unfortunately, this might be our one and only chance this season.

Warmups are a case of me not knowing where to shoot. I want to watch the Sharks! But there are the 'Hawks! Oh dear, there's Jumbo and Patty...must get a photo (even though I'm aware I have a bazillion that look pretty much the same).  But, but there's Toews and, of course, Sharpie! So here's a jumble of photos that is pretty much my state of mind during warmups.


 Clowie's almost always got a nice shiner going on.  Adds to his rugged good looks. ;-)
 

  Former Minnesota Wild players catching up.

 The elusive Marty Havlat
 I like John Scott.  Congrats to him and his wife on there new baby.  =D




 Conga line! Led by two of my favorite Blackhawks.


 The rules of this blog say I HAVE to have more pictures of Patrick Sharp then I do of Viktor Stalberg.




 But I do have an obscene amount of Stalberg photos.  lol


 Swede love!  Doug Murray and Stalberg had a nice conversation with lots of smiles.


After warmups we hiked up to our seats and settled in just in time for the pregame interview with Dan Rusinowski.  Tonight's Shark? Brent Burns!

And then the National Anthem.  I kinda really love this photo.  lol

It was a close, defensively-minded game what with the Blackhawks having been ripped  9-2 by the Oilers in their previous game.  The Sharks didn't look great.  Dan Boyle looked downright terrible.  I'm relieved to find out (in a strange way) that he was playing with a broken foot.  And glad he's healed.  Having gone through the broken foot routine myself, it sucks.

For some reason, my camera totally went "white-out" on this photo.  The only time it did this.  But I kinda love this photo too! lol   I wish I knew how to make it do this.

 There were a few scrums during this close, hard-fought game.


 Sharpie didn't remove his helmet (that I caught, and believe me...I was looking) all night.  Weird.

In the end, the Sharks held on and Niemi achieved his first shutout of the season.  Demers had the only goal of the game with a strange deflection off Toews stick.  
 



























Three star selections

1st:  ANTTI NIEMI
2nd:  JASON DEMERS
3rd:  MARIAN HOSSA

Hossa was a beast all night...deserved the 3rd star definitely.