About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Visiting San Francisco - Presidio - Fort Scott Battery Boutelle

San Francisco! 

It's such an amazing city with so many different points of view.  So much diversity and I'm glad that I am able to go their and learn about other people and cultures. 

See my latest posts about Union Square and Chinatown HERE and HERE

San Francisco also has such beautiful nature areas and the Presidio is one of these.  I know the name evokes a military feeling and their is definitely a rich military history in this area.  Understandably so as the very important Bay and shipping port had to be protected in times of war.  

But the Presidio is full of beautiful sights and hikes and biking and beaches as well!  It's a wonderful and amazing area.  

Let's take a look at one small part of this awesome area.  

We are starting at the Immigrant Point Overlook and will finish beside the Golden Gate Bridge.  All of these are along the gorgeous California Coastal Trail.  

This is a basic map so you can see just how HUGE the Presidio is.  And like I said, it is chock full of trails, art, history, and nature.  


You will notice Immigrant Point near the bottom left of the map, highlighted in purple.  It's a beautiful overlook - accessible by car, bike, or hike.  A peaceful place to appreciate the opening of the Golden Gate into San Francisco Bay and all the people who found freedom through that Gate. 

nature, photography, ship, Pacific Ocean, San Francisco Bay,

nature, photography, ship, Pacific Ocean, San Francisco Bay, people watching, freedom, legal immigration

nature, photography, ship, Pacific Ocean, San Francisco Bay, freedom, immigration, bokeh, art, sculpture

nature, photography, ship, Pacific Ocean, San Francisco Bay, freedom, immigration, bokeh, art, sculpture

hiking, biking, beach, Pacific Ocean,


My next stop was a bit further down the hill when I parked at Fort Scott and walked along the California Coastal Trail to a couple of the batteries.  

I love looking at military history (well, all history, really) and also photographing ruins, so this was an awesome way to spend an hour or so.  

art, photography, hiking, biking, pinecone, nature, log, pastels, beauty, military history

Golden Gate Bridge, Nature, San Francisco, hiking, biking, walking, military history, photography

black and white, photography, love, trees, San Francisco, pelicans, art, nature, hiking, biking, walking, sailing

art, photography, hiking, biking, nature, log, pastels, beauty, military history

art, photography, hiking, biking, nature, pastels, beauty, military history

art, photography, hiking, biking, nature, pastels, beauty, military history, black and white, nature

art, photography, hiking, biking, nature, pastels, beauty, military history



art, photography, hiking, biking, nature, pastels, beauty, military history


So this picture doesn't seem to fit with the others, right?  Haha, but it actually does.  There was a building in the battery with a broken window (damn assholes) so, me being me, I had to stick my lens in the window and see what was inside.  I used a flash, so the photo doesn't look exciting or mysterious at all!  lol  

art, photography, hiking, biking, nature, pastels, beauty, military history

Unlike the outside of the building.  I was sure I would see something dark and exciting!  Or at least some spiders!

art, photography, hiking, biking, nature, pastels, beauty, military history


If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy the view from across the Bay.  I visited the Marin Headlands and it is also full of history and beauty.  

Enjoy!

xoxo

Nikon D600