About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Road Trippin' in Washington - Elk and Family and Beaches!

The Pacific Northwest!  Awww, what a great land of beautiful animals!  Beaches you can drive on!  Bald eagles! And family of course.  

My niece happened to see a large herd of elk just of the road near her house and, bless her heart, ran home to get me so I could see it too!




Look closely at this next picture...it's a little family!

Baby was nursing and we tried to stay as still as possible so as to not disturb them.  Mama was the last elk near us with baby feeding, but as the rest of the herd meandered further into the brush, she got nervous and off they went. 

And now they caught up and feel much safer. 

Later that night we headed out to watch the sunset at the beach.  We were hoping to find some bald eagles, but we got distracted by the beauty so we parked and walked around.  

This is Lee being a real trooper.  You will NOT believe this, but we found a small American flag in a dead porcupine on the beach (no, I did not take a photo).  Sabrina and I talked Lee into taking the flag to the water line because we thought it would be a cool addition to the photos.  And of course WE didn't want to touch it.  

While Lee planted the flag on our newly claimed territory, we watched the kids (especially Logan) run around on the beach. 


LOL!  So the flag is backwards and doesn't look as cool as I thought it would.  

Meanwhile, Lee took pictures of the love of his life.  No, not my gorgeous niece.  His gorgeous truck!

He had the bright idea to capture the sunset in the window, which I thought looked pretty cool so I joined in. 


My beautiful great-niece found a bunch of sand dollars, and I took one of my favorite photos of the day!

As we were driving down the beach, I actually saw what we had originally came for!  A bald eagle!

I hollered and Sabrina backed up, but then he flew away just as I started to take his photo.  lol

I call this "Abstract of Eagle on Waves".

Yay!  And that's the story of the only eagle I saw.  haha

xoxo

Nikon D3300