About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

It's Time for Another Road Trip to Washington State!

Due to circumstances somewhat beyond my control, I found myself with some time away from work this summer so I decided I needed to get up to the Pacific Northwest to see my family.  I actually had a little longer than I normally did because my health determined that I had to take it easier on this trip.  So, I drove one leg up to Portland to meet with my sister and my daughter (who flew up the day before for the weekend).  Then we would drive up to Washington together to visit the family.

As usual, my first stop was at the Weed Airport/Rest Area.  This time, instead of the usually small planes sitting on the tarmac, there was a really cool firefighting helicopter!


Mount Shasta was clear in the background and I wasn't aware of any fires in the area, hence why the copter was sitting.  I'm sure it's in use now as practically the entire Western United States and even into British Columbia, Canada is dealing with major fires as I type this. 

Thank you firefighters!!!

I got to Rose's house a couple hours before sunset on Saturday.  We went out to a delicious Korean/Japanese dinner, and then headed back to her place to relax. She has an amazing view of Mt. St. Helens from her back balcony!



We got caught up with Rose and then had a good night's rest before driving up to Montesano the next morning.  Family time!

Rose and Robert
 Rose, Robert, Angela, and Adrienne
 Sabrina, Robert, Trinity
 Trinity and Logan get a stern talking to from their mom.  LOL
 Logan looking for trouble.
 Rose photo-bombing my shot of the beautiful pea field.
 And again!
 Adrienne says NO!
 Double no!
 So did Rose, but Sabrina said Yes!

 Trinity and Elsa?  (Or is it Hercules??  I'm confused.)


 Now THAT's Hercules!

 Me taking a photo of Sabrina taking a photo!  With Elsa.


 Logan with the perfect photobomb!

 Robert and Lee conspiring.

Unfortunately, we had to get Adrienne back to the airport, so we could only spend one day with Rose and Adie there.  But it was amazing to have us all together well, except Verna!!  :'( !

Sabrina and I got a few more shots of random things before it was time to head back to Portland.

 That's Hercules trying to drink.  As soon as Elsa realized that's what he wanted, she just laid right in the water.  lol
 Logan Lucky


In the next post, we'll visit beautiful Multnomah Falls, which is unfortunately being threatened by one of the most severe fires currently burning.  And it's so freaking sad that it was apparently  started by humans with fireworks.  Come on people!


xoxo

Nikon D3300