About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Friday, February 5, 2016

NBA Basketball - Sacramento Kings vs. Milwaukee Bucks 2/1/16

I have a love/hate relationship with basketball.  I love it in theory.  I used to play (not bad) and I used to LOVE to attend games.  The NBA changed (and not for the better IMO) and I rediscovered a love of hockey which then called dibs on my time and money.  So I now go to Kings' games very sporadically instead of the several times a season that this Lakers' fan used to devote. 

So I was thrilled to have an opportunity to attend this game...especially because the ticket was very reasonably priced.  And by reasonable, I mean FREE!  Thank you Bloodsource!
Unfortunately, it wasn't my reward for giving blood.  A co-worker had received the pair  from another co-worker and asked me to go at kind of the last minute.  Given how upside down my life has been lately and that it was the first of the month which usually means lots of errands, I knew I was going to be late, but if he didn't mind neither did I. 

I was a little later than I thought I would be when I pulled into the parking lot of the soon-to-be-replaced Sleep Train Arena and made my way inside.  I had been listening to the game in the car and knew that A) it was almost halftime, and B) the Kings weren't playing well.  Greeting my friend warmly, I settled into my seat and voiced my prediction that the Kings were about to start playing better and that they would win the game.  No, really!  I did!!

And then it was halftime.  Since it's just before the Lunar New Year, the halftime show had that theme.




Next up were cheerleaders from a local high school.  They were stuntin!

While the players warmed up for the second half, I took a few pictures of the old barn.  Memories. 


And then we got started...








And there were mascots...

And coaches...


And a hoe-down.


And more Slamson stuff.

Then there was more exciting basketball.  And, just like I predicted, the Kings started playing much better and knocking down threes. 








And then the Kings won and they all lived happily ever after.



The End


xoxo