About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Animals of the Sacramento Zoo - Part II 2/7/15

It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.

We're going to just jump right in here.

This gorgeous boy is an Azure-winged Mapgie
Caution!  Cuteness Red Panda Overload Alert!



Excuse me please!  I'm trying to get through here!  (The poor panda on the right was sleeping.)
He's got the Kanye snarl-smile down pat.
Turtle Taxi!
Chinese Stripe-neck Turtle
Emu.  Such soulful eyes.
This little river otter may look dead, but he was just chillin'.  He yawned and stretched a few times.
Mr. Fennec Fox



And Mrs. Fennec Fox
Awww, helping out a friend.  Such a nice Orangutan.

His friend was kind of crazy though.  The next picture is of the nice, calm Orangutan sitting in a tree.  Right after I took it, his friend swung up there and hung from one foot and one hand while peeing towards the crowd.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I did not get a picture.  haha


I did, however, get a photo of him grabbing a stick and running into the back cave with it. 



Red-billed Hornbills. Beautiful but I wouldn't want to mess with that bill. 


I'll finish up with this fantastically fat, adorable squirrel. 

Brutality to an animal is cruelty to mankind - it is only the difference in the victim.
xoxo