About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Fever! How About Some Flowers!

Mood Music While We Look At Pretty Flowers!


Elvis Presley...me mam's favorite singer.  Not bad! Easy on the eyes and the ears.  Hopefully my flower pictures will be as easy to look at.  

All taken at the Sacramento Zoo and William Land Park

We'll start with my favorite color, PURPLE!




 Mom's favorite...Iris.  We had purple iris in our front yard every year. 


Williamland Park is a large park in Sacramento which has a zoo, Fairytale Town - which is an awesome place to take youngsters, Funderland - a small carnival with rides for youngsters, a golf course, baseball diamonds, a duck pond, an outdoor amphitheater, lots of room for volleyball, frisbee, etc.  It is, in a word, Wonderful.  

Beside the parking lot for the zoo & Fairytale Town is a "prettyish kind of a little wilderness".  I love it there.  About 2/3 of these pictures were taken there, with the rest taken at the zoo.

This crazy rooster was lording it up over the pedestrians...He didn't really chase anyone, but he was certainly intimidating at times.
 Love this shot of the amphitheater benches with the wilderness in the background. 
 Cool branches down by the duck pond.


How about some SUNRISE COLORS!  Reds & oranges.







I see that there were lots of white flowers... So delicate and pretty.





 So much bokeh!!  Love it and so happy!
  


Sometimes the foliage is just as beautiful as the flowers but gets overlooked beside their flashier cousins. Case in point the purple leaves above with the creamy white flower.

And these next three beauties...




What goes better with green than gold!?!  #LetsGoOakland #Athletics


 How about green and gold and polkadots and spikes!  This plant is so punk rock. 

And this bee loved it too!!  How very stripey.


Okay, time to calm it down a little...we'll go from baseball punk to PINK!

This is actually a tree against the grey, cloudy sky.

 Sacramento used to be called The Camellia Capital.  We still have a lot of these gorgeous girls around, thank goodness. 

I just loved these grey branches that made such an interesting and delightful frame and background for the sparse pink flowers and leaves. 


And last but not least, outside the entrance to the zoo, I noticed a bush with really tiny pink flowers.  I went over to take another look and discovered how marvelous they are.  

It was funny...a lot of people were standing there, waiting for the light to change so we could cross the street and no one was paying attention to the bush.  There were a few people looking at the flowers that were planted around it and even taking some pictures.

After I started trying to get my perfect shot of these tiny, lovely flowers, several people walked over to see what I was looking at.  After I got my shot and was walking away, I heard one guy say "Wow, those are fantastic!  I'm glad I saw her looking at them!"


So one last piece of advice.  No matter how cliched you think it might be...stop and look at the flowers.  

Just watch out for Carol.

#TWD

xoxo