About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Saturday, October 18, 2014

2013 Trojan Family Weekend - Day 2 Part 2! Trojan Marching Band & Football Team!


Yep, that's Will Farrell.
Nope, we were not there.

It's to set the theme people, come one!  :-)

After getting our grub on at Annenberg, we walked over to Cromwell Field to watch band practice.  I love marching bands. 

When I was in high school, a couple friends were in the band/flag twirlers and I remember going with them to band competitions.  It was really awesome.  And we had one of the best drum lines in the State at that time.  Good times. 

Anyhoo, give me sun, good company, a marching band, and a camera...I'm a happy girl. 

And the man who makes it happen, Dr. Arthur C. Bartner.


Forgive a moment of cheesiness, but the California sunbeams were raining down in blessing...
Practice is a lot of fun because Dr. Bartner encourages running instead of walking and lots of yelling in between.

And dancing.  Of course, dancing.

After the practice was mostly over, the band gathers and the football team and spirit squad come out for a mini pep-rally.
FIGHT ON!


Playing the fight song makes for happy team!
Cheer+Football+Band=School Life

It was really amazing seeing these kids respond to Coach O.  Under Lane Kiffin and the mountain of sanctions USC was hit with after the Reggie Bush fiasco, the team was struggling with a 3-2 record for the year. 

It's hard not to feel for kids in this situation.  These are kids people.  Under a brutal program with sanctions that had absolutely NOTHING to do with any of them.  But this day, under Coach Orgeron, these kids were happy and they believed.  In each other and their program.

They finished out the year 6-2 under Orgeron.


And in their school.


And in turn, they inspired people (and parents) to believe.  And had fun while doing it.  Thanks bandmembers, spirit squad, and football players.


And thanks to my daughter and the University of California for making my dreams come true.
(Sorry for the melodrama, but I'm proud and grateful. #SorryNotSorry)  

xoxo