About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Friday, February 7, 2014

Blood Clots and Black Holes - Happily Giving Blood @SJSharks Blood Drive 2/1/14

Some mood music...

Hi again!  I'm always behind the eight ball.  But who the fuck cares, right?  Well, sometimes I do.  Sometimes.

Anyhoo...had an amazingly fun weekend last weekend so wanted to share before TOO much time goes by.  

I've been looking forward to this weekend since September when I bought my San Jose Sharks vs. Chicago Blackhawks tickets.  And then I heard the Sharks were having a blood drive the morning of the game RIGHT when I was due to give blood!  It's a bloody miracle!  

Public Service Announcement:  Don't google image search "bloody miracle" unless you want to see some truly disturbing things.

Alrighty then...  

The second best thing about donating blood at the Sharks drive (the first being that you're saving lives...duh) is you get in to see the morning skate.

So we originally planned on leaving Sacramento at 7:30 to get there by 10:30.  Of course that didn't happen.  It was too hard to get out of bed on a Saturday morning.  So we left at 8:30 and consequently missed most of morning skate.  Adrienne told me it was more than likely an optional skate anyway.  Turns out it wasn't, but it's okay. 

But we did get to see the tail end and a few players:



 Ya got your injured Juicy ahem...Logan Couture skating and stickhandling a little. He looked great and it was exciting until Adie reminded me that his surgery was on his wrist.  So no telling how close he is to returning. 
Adam Burish!  Alex Stalock!  I am an unapologetic fan of both.  
 Bur and James Sheppard
 More Couture...camera hog...
 Raffi Torres (I know, I know...)
 This here is Desi getting into one.  CCM 
 Bur looks very happy so it was a good sign that he might be returning soon.
Coaches be coaching.


 All practice and no play makes Shep...play better?

There was one funny incident, although I'm quite sure Jim Johnson was NOT laughing.  Coach set an example and blocked a shot and was h.u.r.t.i.n. 
Skate it off, coach.

Torres gives him some love for his troubles. 
 And shares a smile with Bur at coach's expense.


And then...
It was all over.  

We headed out to the concourse, where it seemed like hundreds of people were waiting to give blood.  It was only 11:20 ish and my appointment was at 1:15 so we decided to go get a bite at Santana Row and headed to the Irish Pub.  It was okay...not spectacular although Adie's shepherd's pie was pretty delish.  

Grabbed some cupcakes from Kara's and headed back where we arrived at 1:10.  

And I learned that I had JUST missed Burish, Torres, and Couture who had come out and talked to the people donating.

So I tweeted my disappointment...



But then I had to take it ALL back when I won the 2nd prize in the drawing!  I won 2 tickets in a penthouse suite and free parking!  Woot woot!



So awesome!  So we went to our free hotel in Campbell (Thanks Marriott!) and ate cupcakes and took an all too brief nap before the game.  

More about the game in my next post.  

xoxo