About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Poor Devils Get Eaten by Sharks! 10/27/10

Disclaimer: 
I am watching the Sharks @ Dallas Stars so there may be some cursing, etc., if tonight's game doesn't go better than the first 17 minutes did.  And while I'm still pissed off about the loss last night, let me just say:

Poor Ginner!!  Not only do I believe that he had a good goal taken away from him (although I do not fault the officials since the angle was almost impossible to judge on the replay) but then to hear that he felt terrible because the puck might have been going in anyway and he fucked it up by touching it! 
*sob* The heart - it breaks.


I don't have any scoreboard pictures showing the Sharks vs. Devils logo to bore you with.  Not sure why actually.  You'll have to make due with a blurry shot of the neato 20th Anniversary puck sculpture!


Alrighty. We really, really wanted to see one Mr. Zach Parise so we took "advantage" of the season ticket holder presale (again, not a season ticket holder, so thanks HF Boards LZ!). 

Parise is spelled Y-U-M-M-Y
Reason I "air quoted" advantage is because when thinking reasonably, this game probably didn't sell out right away and we would have been better off to use the presale (and our available budget for the month) to purchase tickets to the Blackhawks game which we are now scrambling to attend. 
Oh well.  lol  That was a long sentence! 

So we had decent seats again.  Section 213, Row like 6 or something.  I'm too lazy to find my ticket.  Good seats although the section was a little dead. 

Thanks to the stupid Giants, the whole arena was a little dead.  Most people were more interested in seeing if the Gnats were going to beat the Phillies to get into the world series. Stupid Gnats.

BLOG NOTE: Up to this point, the majority of pictures are of the Sharks. Makes sense...but lest I have lookalike pictures blurring together in each entry, I put the focus during warmups on the visiting team with a few Sharks thrown in.


Hahahaha...Steve Ott just picked up a minor.  Randy said it was "maybe just for being Steve Ott."  Luvs it.

Here come the Devils for warmups.  They still have fans!  I am impress. 
They were already sucking but lots of people were there to see them. This is Uncle Daddy leading the way onto the ice for warmups. 

Oh Juicy.  *le sigh*  Another Stars PP.  Kill this boys.  Please.

Have I mentioned that I luvs me some Olympians?  Sharks fans would say he's ugly and Devils fans would say he sucks, but I luvs Jamie Langenbrunner.


Awww, here he is with a nice smile on his face.


YES!!!!  PAVELSKI!!!  THE BIG PAVELSKI!  JO-PAPA! PAVS!
On another note, Jumbo looks hot tonight.  But he is playing like he's scared to break somebody... 
*shakes head*  Ooo, there's a snarl from Jumbo!  Yes!  Get mad Angry Joe...

Okay...back to the blogging...  Ummm...oh...Elias
I like to call my cat Elias.  His name is really Ellie (after Mark Ellis).  But now he answers to Elias.  ha ha

There were these funny, but slightly annoying dudes who kept running up behind me whenever Elias skated near the glass.  They were yelling incredibly loud in a foreign languange and the only word I could understand was Patrik

JUICY!!  COOTCH!!  Oh...that sounded bad.  I apologize. LOGAN! 

So...Dainius Zubrus is also cute in a Chara kinda way.
Plus I like this picture


Are you aware of the bromance between Parise and Travis Zajac? 


There used to be a better tribute video to their bromance, but hell...I can't find it. 

PATTY!  O ALTERNATE CAPTAIN, MY FORMER CAPTAIN!


Kovy is ver, very happy about his contract...

Brodeur...not so much...
(At first I was like this...and then I...)

And now, the picture barrage from the rest of warmups.  Devils...
Adam Mair

Matt Taormina Rod Pelley with nice shiner and Rudolf nose


Hmmm....seeems like there were a LOT of Zach pictures. 

Now YOUR San Jose Sharks!!

OH MY FUCKING CHEESUS!!!  WHAT THE FUCK SHARKS!  WE WERE UP 4-2 AND THE STARS JUST SCORED 2 QUICK ONES.  FUCK!

And of course...weak penalty on Pickles...Stars powerfuckingplay.  Kill this boys!!!!!


Shit.  We suck at overtime.  And we have to start on the pk. Let's go Sharks. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, hell...  Sharks lose.  Again.  I've taken an hour off and I'm still pissed. 

Back to the blogging...moving on...  National Anthem!  No buckets! Something has to cheer me up...
Ho-Yay for Bromance!
And the view of the opening faceoff from our seats...

This game was a plethora of scoring by the 1st line.  One Jumbo Heated Patty coming up!
Sorry Taormina (cool name).  There's no defending Jumbo...at least not on that night.

Scotty Nichol ended up in the box pretty quickly.  Bad Scotty!

Free at last.


Scoring wise, Jumbo ended up with a hat trick!  Boo-and-Yah 
Patty and Heater also contributed a goal apiece.
I always forget to take a hat...even though I bought one for just this purpose.  lol

 The bench watched the cleanup intently.

Ryane Clowe had a pretty good fight with Corrente.  Corrente ended up with a broken hand, but not from the fight. Rumor has it he punched something in the locker room after the game.  Clowie was a Newfie gentlemen if you listen to the TSN broadcast.  lol



My pictures:


I don't know if this conference was about the fight...I don't really remember...so I choose to think it was.


Clarkson and Greene ended up scoring for the Devils in a losing effort. Poor Devils. 
But cheesus, am I glad that Zach Parise played!  Only two games later he left the team and was diagnosed with his possibly season ending knee injury. 

Bye Devils...we hardly knew ye.