About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Grand Tetons National Park! Road Trip Around this Amazing Park with Me!

Road trippin' around the Grand Tetons National Park!  Let's get back to it, but before we do, click the links below to make sure you didn't miss any of the amazing sights!

Post 1 - The Beginning!

Post 2 - The Grand Views! The Beautiful Jenny Lake Campground! The Gorgeous Elk herd!   

Post 3 - Jenny Lake! Foxes! BEARS!

After my BEARY wonderful encounter with the mama and her cubs, I happily floated back down to my car, crossed the dam, and pulled into the boat launch parking lot.  There were quite a few people there getting into boats to start fishing, and of course I had to take a very picturesque photo!

Fishing boat on Snake River at Jackson Lake Dam Grand Tetons National Park Wyoming

Red-winged Blackbird on bare tree by Snake River at Jackson Lake Dam Grand Tetons National Park Wyoming

This is one of my absolute favorite shots.  Oxbow Bend with a sky that was so dramatic and beautiful!

And the half-circle of the mountains along with the circle of water just makes it perfection!  Or so my photography teacher would say.  lol  I love it though.  

Dramatic Oxbow Bend view of the Tetons Mountain Range at Grand Tetons National Park Wyoming

After hanging out here for a bit, staring around looking for a moose or bear to no avail, I got back on the road, now heading south.  Lo and behold I see an entire herd of bison near Uhl Hill!

Seeing this big herd of magnificent creatures on this beautiful plain was really special.  It really felt like I might be in the old west. 

Bison Herd near Uhl Hill and Elk Ranch Flats at Grand Tetons National Park Wyoming

Bison Herd near Uhl Hill and Elk Ranch Flats at Grand Tetons National Park Wyoming

Bison Herd near Uhl Hill and Elk Ranch Flats at Grand Tetons National Park Wyoming

Birdies like to ride on the bison!  It's so cute and I got an even better look at this up close and personal in Yellowstone.  

Bison Herd near Uhl Hill and Elk Ranch Flats at Grand Tetons National Park Wyoming


Loved all the wood fences in the valley.  I guess that really lends to the feeling that you are in a place that time forgot so to speak. 

Grand Tetons from Jackson Hole

This is one of several private dude ranches on the valley floor - Moosehead Ranch.  Very cool looking and just a tad on the pricey side for my budget.  lol  But their grand entrance made for a very cool photo!

Moosehead Ranch Jackson Hole Grand Tetons National Park

This is the road by Cunningham's Cabin, and in the distance is Moosehead Ranch with several of their horses out in the field. 

Cunningham Cabin looking towards Moosehead Ranch Grand Tetons

Cunningham Cabin built in 1888 in Jackson Hole Wyoming

Moosehead Ranch Horses behind fence at Cunningham Cabin Grand Tetons National Park

Moosehead Ranch Horses viewed from Cunningham Cabin Grand Tetons National Park

Moosehead Ranch Horses viewed from Cunningham Cabin Grand Tetons National Park

Last picture for this post, we'll leave off with these gorgeous horses and such a beautiful setting.

Moosehead Ranch Horses viewed from Cunningham Cabin Grand Tetons National Park

Next time, when my daughter comes with me me, we'll definitely be taking a trail ride!  But for now, I'll have to dream of riding that gorgeous paint horse.  :)

Next post we'll visit some Pronghorn Antelope and the famous Mormon Row barns!  

xoxo

Nikon D600 D7200