About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Throwback Thursday - History of Models: My First Time Shooting Humans! Preston Castle June 4th 2017

Relax!  I was shooting with a camera, silly!  

I'm doing a photoshoot this weekend and it's been awhile since I did a studio shoot so I'm very excited and was reminiscing about my various times shooting models.  I thought I would do some posts with my "History of Models" because I'm weird that way. 

The first time I actually tried people photography (other than sports photography) was kind of by chance.  I had went to Preston Castle in Ione - which is a really cool place with a somewhat dark history.  I went because I like "abandoned" stuff, historic stuff, architecture, buildings, and art and this fits the bills!

But when I got there, the organizer (of a "Photographer's Day" event) had arranged for a couple of models to be there for the photographers to shoot if they wanted to.  So I got in line and decided to have some fun!

I'm just going to put a few of my favorites here, but for the whole story and all the pictures of these lovely ladies and this beautiful place, CLICK and also HERE!  

This is the lovely Sarah, who was the more experienced of the two models and was much in demand by the pretty large group of photographers.  So I was to only shoot her at the beginning in the basement and then a bit later when I ran into both girls being shot elsewhere. There are more pictures of the castle and grounds on the original posts too.

Sarah looking ephemeral at Preston Castle in Ione California

Model Audrey looking edgy at Preston Castle in Ione California

Model Audrey looking edgy at Preston Castle in Ione California

Models Sarah and Audrey cosplaying in Preston Castle Ione

Model Audrey looks at the ghostly girl in the mirror at Preston Castle Ione California

Model Audrey at Preston Castle Ione California

Model Audrey in a beautiful soft-focus headshot at Preston Castle Ione California

Stylized Portraiture of Model Audrey at Preston Castle Ione California

Stylized Portraiture of Model Audrey at Preston Castle Ione California

You really should click through to see this amazing castle and the rest of the photos of these two lovely ladies!  CLICK and HERE! 

I'm going to continue through my "History of Models" for a bit although don't you worry!  I have plenty of birding and nature adventures to share too!  Not to mention returning to Yellowstone to finish my amazing trip.  :)

xoxo