About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Tacoma Washington - Point Defiance Aquarium & Olive Garden. Huh?

Happy Saturday!  The rain has stopped (for now) and there is lots of good sports this weekend.  Sharks hockey tonight and Cowboys playoff football for the first time in FOR. EV. ER! tomorrow.  

So I thought I would spend this foggy morning on my blog.  Our last stop at Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium was the amazing aquarium.  To see my fabulous family and equally fabulous animals and flowers at Point Defiance, click HEREHERE, HERE, and HERE.

 And now we go...beyond the deep.



These starfish are hugging.  There is so much love in this room right now!!  

Next time you each that shrimp scampi, think about this picture.  haha!



The octopus was just hanging around at the top of the tank so I could only see one - very impressive - part of him.   

Shark!  In front of a shipwreck which I thought was pretty cool to have in the tank. 

 So much color and vibrancy under the sea!  I love all these purples and pinks. 


Sea dollars!  And some really cool soft pink, glowing fern-thingies.  
Marine biologist I am definitely not. 
 Jellies!  These are sooooo amazing!


Unfortunately we found out the hard way that the aquarium and zoo were closing early for a wedding.  Which is immensely cool!  But some advance notice to people could plan their day better would be GREAT customer service!  So we didn't get to see everything in to aquarium, including the stingray cove and marine discovery center.  So I guess I'll have to go back in the future!

But I did get to see a beautiful display of grandmotherly love with my sister IL Verna and her grandson Logan. 

Washington is really one of the most beautiful states in the USA. 




What an amazing place!  But after all that walking and Pokemon hunting, we were all hungry!  We decided to head to Olive Garden for a great family meal.  I have to say, the food and service that we had at the nearby Olive Garden was the best I've ever experienced at an Olive Garden and also many other places.  Kudos to the staff who were truly wonderful! A great time was had by all!





I love my family!

xoxo

Nikon D3300