About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Throwback to Wizard Con ComicCon Sacramento March 2014

In honor of two events happening this weekend, neither of which I was able to attend.  That would be the Wizard Con in San Jose and the Sac Anime Festival here in Sacramento.

But, I was extremely fortunate to have been in attendance at the inaugural Wizard Con here in Sacramento and it was AH. MAY. ZING.  But I never got around to posting all of my photos from the event, so I figured now would be a good time.  Enjoy!

Saturday March 8th

On our first day, we got there early and, after spending awhile in the loooonnngg line, we hit the floor to walk around.  The timing was perfect to run into one of our Walking Dead favorites, Micheal Rooker, entering and interacting with fans and press.








We then heard that Norman Reedus was over at his booth.  It was pretty swarmed and difficult to get very many good photos, but I got a few.




Continuing with our Walking Dead theme, Jon Bernthal was also in attendance and signing autographs.


Darla!!!


At lunch, we headed out into the sunshine and saw some great cosplay.




We got in line for the panels because, being noobs, we weren't sure what the best way to do this was.  We decided that since we weren't paying extra for preferred autographs/photos, we were going to concentrate on the panels because we both find it really interesting to hear inside, behind the scenes stories.

Neither of us have ever watched Smallville so I didn't know who this guy was until mid-way through the panel.  Lex Luthor.  And he is hilarious!  I would recommend that if you are ever at a comicon where he is speaking...GO.  You won't regret it.  And he really works in the audience. 


Next up was Lando Calrissian!  AKA Billy Dee Williams.  He had some interesting information and outtakes from his long and storied career.  But one of the best parts was when his newly-announced Dancing with the Stars partner, Emma Slater, appeared and surprised him.  And yes, she was dressed like Princess Leia. :-)

Next up was Jason Frank Green Power Ranger.  Again, another entertaining panel.  And I have never watched a Power Rangers episode in my life.


~~INTERLUDE~~
Love this cool closeup of a light.  

~~/INTERLUDE~~

My 2nd Buffy/Angel sighting!  Spike!  Sans the bleached blonde and ageless look.  


And then Captain Kirk was in the house!  Funny, funny man. 

We finished off the day with another personal favorite...Bruce Campbell.  If you haven't seen Army of Darkness and The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., you have not lived. 

Bruce's panel is different from all the others because he pulls fans out of the audience and forms a panel with them.  Then he puts them on the spot and asks them questions.  It was very fun and interesting...but lacked a little bit for me...  I'm not sure why. 



And that was the end of Day 1 (for us anyway).  That was a lot of pictures so I guess I'm going to have to split this up.  :-)

xoxo