About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Love You Like Crazy - Blackhawks at Sharks

Dear NHL,  Your addiction to money and power has affected my life in the following ways...

Seriously, it's been hard for me to get very much into the hockey season this year.  

Don't get me wrong...I've still watched almost every Sharks game on tv this year as well as quite a few Blackhawks and Penguins games.  But I've only been to one game at the beginning of the season.  

And when I left the game, which was quite exciting, I didn't feel an urgent desire to go back. 

So I haven't. I did, however, splurge on some tickets for the last home game of the season with the  hope that I would feel more excited about making the 5 hour round trip to watch some hockey in person.  I am getting more excited...which is exciting!

Another way the damn lockout affected me is that I wasn't very careful with my camera and it somehow it became severely disabled.  In other words, I broke it.  So I took my daughters POS camera.  Which is really not supposed to be a POS. It is a Canon that I advised her not to buy because IMO Canon's have a lot of focus issues.  This Canon is no exception.  


So here are a bunch of crappier than normal pictures.  In fact, they are so crappy, I'm not going to bother to caption them.




 Soooooooo many pictures of Stalberg!!!  I don't even like Stalberg!!!!!  No pictures of Sharpie, who is so much better looking than Stalberg.  Well except one...

You can't see his pretty face though, dammit.
 I like this weird one...






Warm ups over and thoroughly disgusted with the quality of my pictures, we made out way to the seats.

 Oh Bur, how I love you.  Don't listen to all the Sharks fans hate. You've been decent, but not living up to that contract.  The flow is beauty though.

 We were HIGH up...second highest that we've ever sat I think, but generally liked the crowd around us and it was fun sitting directly across from the bench and Shark's head. 
I will give that camera some props though; my old camera never could take clear shots of the guys skating out of the Shark's head.   



 This is the end of the Desi/Duncs fight.  Like I said, crazy game.  I wouldn't mind being Gomez in this picture though.  

 Two incredibly sad things about this night though...

1)  The crazy loss seemed to catapult the Sharks into their horrific losing skid where they played so very bad that I was grateful I hadn't spent any more money on tickets.

2)  My daughter's cell phone took better pictures than the POS Canon.  *sigh*  I will be stealing some of the best and posting them for my own edification.  ;-)



xoxo