About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Avalanche du Colorado @ Sharks de San Jose en deux parties

And away we go...

I think I forgot to mention yesterday that this game was my birthday present to 
myself since it was two days before my actual birthday. 
Got an awesome ticket via HF Boards - midway up in the upper deck center ice.  Nice.







I'm watching the Olympics right now (GO USA!) so I feel a little worse than usual about taking pictures during the national anthem.  I'm terrible...



Opening faceoff!  Ginner...*sob*...booooooo!
 I like Varly.  :-)

 Winnick leans on his former teammate.
 This was an awesome scrum to end the game.  lol



Sharks win!  I was happy, yet sad.  
Sad for Ginner, who did NOT have a good game.  But then again, none of the Avs did.  They looked pretty bad.  Sad for Varly who really didn't play that bad but was hung out to dry time and time again.  


 And the three stars are...

*** Dan Boyle
 ** Andrew Desjardins (photo unavailable lol)

* Joe Pavelski

MINOR RANT:

Be thankful I put it at the bottom so you don't have to read it.

Wow.  What a waste of a trade by Doug Wilson.  Of course hindsight is everything but I felt at the time that Galiardi and Winnick were not worth what the Sharks gave up.  Ginner was having a career year and of course you don't know if he's going to keep that up.  Personally, I think he's more than capable of being a top 6 forward with the right coaching and system.  I see way more in him than I see in either of the two we got.  Galiardi seems plucky, but that's about it.  Winnick has some good qualities but no offensive upside and Ginner is a much better hitter.  

And then for Winnick to be so difficult to re-sign and Galiardi to take us to arbitration when he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for either the Avs OR the Sharks last season.  What a bitch.  


xoxo