About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Food and Water at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens

Before we get started, here are the links to check out the rest of the series from my January 30, 2018, road trip to the Mendocino Coast to experience the Super Blood Blue Moon.  





Yes, those are all actually lines from songs that match the subject of the post.  Haha

Anywho, I was very excited to see that the Mendocino Coast Botanical Garden has a section dedicated to growing food!  There is a garden at Oakland's Lake Merritt that also has this and it's really fun to go and see how beautiful food is when it's growing.  

So I've devoted this last post to the food garden where I got some amazing macro shots that might make you view the food in the produce aisle in a slightly different way.  So much beauty and plenty in this world that we sometimes take for granted.  

In addition to the food, I decided to include shots with water in them.  I left a couple in the other posts because the focus was more on the flowers, but I definitely wanted the majority to be with the food as these both sustain God's creatures.  So let's get started. 

The first photo is water on blue and purple leaves. 


Next is a dewy spider web above some bushes. 


I've got to say, I'm really happy with these extension tubes!  I was really concerned because they are only manual focus and my eyesight is TERRIBLE.  So I worried that I might not be able to tell when things were in focus.  But I did pretty well, if I do say so myself.  



One of the most beautiful veggies in the grocery store or in the field/garden is Rainbow Chard.  




I love this next shot.  The water is so pretty and shimmery and there's good depth of field so some of the water creates natural bokeh.  Lovely. 



Love these too because the Lacinto Kale has perfect little cubbies for the dew drops to settle in. 
So cute!


Ruby Chard


Red Leaf Lettuce


I'm not sure what this next one is, but it sure is pretty!


As is this stunning purple cabbage with it's green and purple outer leaves that you don't normally see in the market. 


Okay!  Last photo from this trip and I confess it really doesn't fit this post!  haha  
I'm pretty sure it's a succulent and not food and there is no water visible.  

But!  

It reminded me of the old "two peas in a pod" saying so I thought I'd just go ahead and drop it here.  


💚💧

xoxo

Nikon D3300