About Me

My photo
Proud single mom of one beautiful daughter who shares my love of sports and music. She doesn't share my love of the outdoors which I find weird. I love photography and wish I had a better camera!! Maybe someday...

Monday, July 31, 2017

Dark Waters and Fantasy Creatures Part II

The next two models were by far my best pictures of the day as far as clarity, composition, and originality.  

The first is Miz Mayhem, Maya Hall.  
I simply called her Goddess the entire shoot as she looked so beautiful and strong. 

This first photo is one of my absolute favorites. 


Funny story:  There was actually a table in the water behind her with a photographer standing on the table above her...and all were visible in my photo.  So I spent a loonnngg time cloning the mist around her and I flove it. lol





"Mirror Mirror in the water..."

This is another of my favorites and I actually directed my model!!!  haha  She was holding her hand out palm down and I asked her to turn her palm up as if she was beckoning me.  She did and it just makes the picture POP! The drip of water off her hand completes the magic.




And this is my sexy, angry demon, Cathi Hall.

Cathi is an amazing person with an amazing story, which hopefully I will get to help her tell in the future.  I know I'll be working with her again because we already have some projects lined up.  

Speaking of lines, the tree roots in the next photo really draw your eyes to Cathi and look perfect in a black and white edit. 




I wish I had some dry ice in this next photo. It would have made a decent photo so much better.

And this is one of my absolute favorites!!!  Fierce and lovely with a side of vulnerability. 


I've gotten mixed reviews on this one.  I really love the somewhat strange shape creative by Cathi's head and arms in the water but a couple people have said it looks a little creepy.  I guess that works for the theme!

Another of my favorites, but for a different reason.  I highlighted the beauty of Cathi's face and also the PTSD and I'm Fine/Save me tattoos on her leg.  This really spoke to me as someone who has battled depression and anxiety myself and through my daughter. 

Just remember that no matter how fierce and/or beautiful someone looks, you just don't know what they're going through on the inside.  Be KIND to everyone you meet if at all possible.  You just never know what impression you might have on someone's life. 

And this one is my favorite art shot of the day and possibly of all my (few) model shots. Stunning.

This is Cathi with Alexandr Vasilu.  

Love this one.  He's...not bad to look at.  haha

That's it for today's post.  The next one should be it and will include group shots.  

xoxo

Nikon D3300